• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

Van Gogh said:
BTW when you say selection do you mean that they make hiring decisions by November and let us know? Or making selection means something else?
Selection will be on November 4, after that day you can get a call if you were selected by CAF.

Van Gogh said:
Hey Man,

Maybe we end up serving together  ;D
Thanks for heads up, very kind of you.
You said only a few spots? Maybe they meant locally? because another recruiter told me they will be hiring quiet a few logis this year (26 or so).

So 6 weeks? Not too bad. When did they shedule the interview and medical though? Was it in like far future from your security interview or earlier? I just wonder if I may be done with all the steps before November thats why.

No problem bud..glad I could help.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. I meant to say they called me about a month after my pre-sec interview to schedule the medical and interview. Medical was 2 weeks after that call and interview 2 weeks after that - so 8 weeks from pre-sec interview to interview. They were pretty busy at the time so maybe you'll be able to schedule them sooner.

As for numbers I was told a limited amount during my interview in June. Maybe things have changed since? When were you told 26?

Just a quick question since I can't get through to a recruiter at the virtual recruiting center. Are you suppose to get confirmation that they recieved your initial documents (transcripts and birth certificated)? I know I'm suppose to hurry up and wait but it just seems like I should have heard something about it, I was able to change my trades easily enough but I've been on the phone to get this question answered all last week. I appreciate your reply.

I'm sorry to bother you guys, but I have a question regarding the background checks. So I recently found out that they started the background check for me to get into the reserves. I am currently an unemployed student and now I have a small debt on my credit card (around $100) and I am unable to pay off all of it. Will this affect me into getting the reserves? I am getting a little concerned right now. Thanks!

I have close to $50,000 in debt and I'm not worried about it as long as you can tell them how you plan on paying it off.

Schopenhauer said:

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. I meant to say they called me about a month after my pre-sec interview to schedule the medical and interview. Medical was 2 weeks after that call and interview 2 weeks after that - so 8 weeks from pre-sec interview to interview. They were pretty busy at the time so maybe you'll be able to schedule them sooner.

As for numbers I was told a limited amount during my interview in June. Maybe things have changed since? When were you told 26?

Thanks this is exactly what I was wondering.
If your case is any indication as to what is gonna happen to me (I hope it is but I am not sure) than I guess I should know at least if its a yes or no for the army by this November.

KyleAM said:
Just a quick question since I can't get through to a recruiter at the virtual recruiting center. Are you suppose to get confirmation that they recieved your initial documents (transcripts and birth certificated)? I know I'm suppose to hurry up and wait but it just seems like I should have heard something about it, I was able to change my trades easily enough but I've been on the phone to get this question answered all last week. I appreciate your reply.

No, you won't get any confirmation that your documents were received.  If you want to check, just email them and ask.

Schopenhauer said:

Oh I was told 26 logis just a week ago (begining off august) they told they actually need logis this year, but u may never know, maybe the recruiter didn't know the reality.

KyleAM said:
I have close to $50,000 in debt and I'm not worried about it as long as you can tell them how you plan on paying it off.

Finally, someone speaking about real debt. I laugh when people talk about the $3000 debt, even more at the $500 debt, and $100 debt(seriously)....

Ya my post secondary education cost a lot. Thanks DAA for the reply I have send an email to jobs@forces.ca and got no reply and I have been calling all week with no one picking up but they are probably just really busy. I know I have to be patient with this whole process but I'd just like to help it along in what ever way I can, I had changed my trades to ones I was told were vacant and that were on my list of preferred trades but I guess that still doesn't mean it will go any faster. Hurry up an wait eh!

Cbbmtt said:
Finally, someone speaking about real debt. I laugh when people talk about the $3000 debt, even more at the $500 debt, and $100 debt(seriously)....

:nod:

I am wondering if there is any merit to van goghs post regarding 26 deo log spots he was apparently told about.  last information I had was only going to be limited openings in nov.  any change to this

Van Gogh said:
Oh I was told 26 logis just a week ago (begining off august) they told they actually need logis this year, but u may never know, maybe the recruiter didn't know the reality.

Here are the possible scenarios available.....a) your recruiter just wanted to get rid of you, so they told you that just to keep you happy and get your hopes up... or...b) your recruiter was being honest but just didn't bother to expand on those numbers so they could keep you happy and get your hopes up...or c) your recruiter told you there were 26 odd spots available but said recruiter either neglected to tell you that 90% of those 26 odd spots have already been filled or you missed that part of the conversation totally?

That sound like what I was told. An infantry officer friend told me that avs and veh tech had an intake plan of about 200 each not that they were mostly filled already.

DAA said:
Here are the possible scenarios available.....a) your recruiter just wanted to get rid of you, so they told you that just to keep you happy and get your hopes up... or...b) your recruiter was being honest but just didn't bother to expand on those numbers so they could keep you happy and get your hopes up...or c) your recruiter told you there were 26 odd spots available but said recruiter either neglected to tell you that 90% of those 26 odd spots have already been filled or you missed that part of the conversation totally?

What do you mean by "90% are already filled".
Also why do you think that the recruiting is so limited this year? Any basis for that?

Also another question. If say there are not enough spots to offer me employment, do they just reject me and close my file or I might get in next year or the year after that?

Van, did you give them more than one selection on your top 3 choices?
if it is full, and your an ideal candidate or potential for another department/selection - i would guess, maybe they give you a shot at one of them before your file is closed/rejected.

[i have read others who have "guessed" in trying to help out, i would like to make it clear this is not a for sure answer, just my  :2c:]

Van Gogh said:
What do you mean by "90% are already filled".
Also why do you think that the recruiting is so limited this year? Any basis for that?
Also another question. If say there are not enough spots to offer me employment, do they just reject me and close my file or I might get in next year or the year after that?

If your chosen occupation runs out of positions and your not selected in 2013/2014, they should notify you and ask what you want done.  If you wish to have your file remain open, they can and should do that and then "re-merit" list you for 2014/2015 but you would probably need to do a quick update Medical and Interview (15-20 minutes or less).

STJ_Kierstead said:
Van, did you give them more than one selection on your top 3 choices?
if it is full, and your an ideal candidate or potential for another department/selection - i would guess, maybe they give you a shot at one of them before your file is closed/rejected.

[i have read others who have "guessed" in trying to help out, i would like to make it clear this is not a for sure answer, just my  :2c:]

No I have given them just 1 choice, logistics officer.
I wonder if they would consider me for other potential positions though ... (Wouldn't mind intelligence or military police officer positions as well)

Is it possible to contact them and add those positions do my list if it would increase my chances of getting into the army? Or is it too late?

Van Gogh said:
No I have given them just 1 choice, logistics officer.
I wonder if they would consider me for other potential positions though ... (Wouldn't mind intelligence or military police officer positions as well)

Is it possible to contact them and add those positions do my list if it would increase my chances of getting into the army? Or is it too late?

You would just have to contact your RC and ask them if you can add two more occupations to your list.  It's never too late to make changes.

Back