• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Of all the CE trades which....

Sealife

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone;

Of all the Construction Engineering trades which one would be
better to re-muster into.  I know there are CE people in the crowd who can confidently
suggest a trade to re-muster to.  Just let me know how you like or dislike the trade you are currently in, might be easier.

ED tech, PH tech, RM tech, WFE tech, EGS tech, Const tech,

Thanks in advance,

Hard Sea Trade - very bored with sailing. :boring: :boring:

I don't think you have given the Navy a fair shake-28 years and now a CPO1...I miss the trade. If I could do it all over, I would!
To answer your question, "I LOVED the trade I was in"...but with succession planning, I am apparently nothing more than a pinhead beancounter!

I was in first time 1988 -1995.
Second time 2008 - present.

Do to FELEX nothing on ship is supported.
I am a hands on person - hard to sit on my hands all day.
I am about to turn wrenches with the stokers soon.

I now have a wife and 2 kids that I didn't have the first time.

Thank you for your feedback.

I don't know your trade based on your response but 'turning wrenches' is most definately hands on. The Navy is in a transition and will be for the next coming few years. I wont blow sand up your ass-I don't envy you but the Navy needs Techs...plain and simple and you sound like you want to be a Tech (of one sort or another)
As for nothing being 'supported' in HCM-FELEX, I am not sure what you mean. I currently work in DMTE HCM Trg and THERE IS A HUGE NEED FOR people who want to get dirty.
PM me...I promise nothing, but will offer all I can.

OK, just in case you don't want to stay in the Navy...
I was a Const Tech and loved it. Basically you get to learn how to build things from the ground up and if you get enough experience and good projects you can get Civy tickets and certifications that may prove very useful in the future. (It did for me)

Old topic but if you had any question in regaurds to PH tech shoot me a pm. Third trade in the cf and been a PH TECH since 2007

Back