• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NOAB for NavRes MARS

hawke1759

Inactive
Reaction score
This is my first post so forgive me if I screw something up.  I'm a MARS officer in the Reserves, but may be interested someday in joining the Reg Force.  Do Reserve MARS officers who have already gone through the training phases have to go through the NOAB when they transfer into the Regs? 

Cheers  :)

I've seen it done with and without a NOAB.  Usually, if you're a subbie they'll NOAB you and if you're a Lt(N) they won't bother, but it's all up to what your offer is and whether or not it specifies the need for "succesful completion of the NOAB."  In the case of those who have done their MARS training and go on the NOAB, the "assesment" itself is a formality and the process is just a week-long piss up and a chance to meet some future colleagues.

When I worked at NOTC, I saw both admin processes.  In general, your file gets reviewed by the same folks in Ottawa who review the NOABs right off the street.  So, you may not have to attend NOAB, but a NOAB file on you would be created, and reviewed with a corresponding offer of transfer.

Now, having said that, there has a been a regime change in Ottawa.  In particular, processes are being streamlined and redundancies wiped out (a friend of mine works in the career shop).  Get your chain of command to contact DMTE 2-2 in Ottawa.  The Officer at that desk is the one who coordinates the show, and would be able to give you the latest iteration.

Back