• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL 2011/2012 - Now "The Lockout" Thread

What team are you cheering for this year?

• Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 37 27.6%
  • Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Ottawa Senators

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Winnipeg Jets

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Calgary Flames

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Vancouver Canucks

Votes: 22 16.4%
  • New Jersey Devils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Islanders

• New York Rangers

• Philadelphia Flyers

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Buffalo Sabres

• Carolina Hurricanes

• Florida Panthers

• Tampa Bay Lightning

• Washington Capitals

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Detroit Red Wings

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Nashville Predators

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • St. Louis Blues

• Colorado Avalanche

• Minnesota Wild

• Anaheim Ducks

• Dallas Stars

• Los Angeles Kings

• Phoenix Coyotes

• San Jose Sharks

• Total voters

c.jacob

Inactive
Reaction score
So the season has begun.  Quite a few new issues and debates that have been going on in the way of headshots and fighting.

GO LEAFS GO

and Welcome back to the Winnipeg Jets

Pugsley said:
So the season has begun.  Quite a few new issues and debates that have been going on in the way of headshots and fighting.

While I agree we need to crack down, Shanahan is going overboard with these suspensions. McArthur got 2 regular season games for hitting the guy in the shoulder and the dude took a dive. Same suspension time as Sesito who smashed a guy face first into the boards from 2 feet away. I don't like seeing guys get hurt, but if these suspensions stay up there we'll have no hitting left in the game at all.

The OHL has been giving some stiff suspensions for hits.  Many around 15-22 games with hits that didn't result in an injury.

Alright, who here has a back up team?  I root for the Winnipeg Jets, but if they get knocked out, then I'll reluctantly cheer for Vancouver.

I'm cheering for:

Ottawa
Montreal
New Jersey
and Winnipeg

Unfortunately you can only pick one in the poll.

Caps all the way.

Unfortunately until they reassign Winnipeg to the Western Conference, They won't be my back-up team. So Calgary remains it for me.

FlyingDutchman said:
Alright, who here has a back up team?  I root for the Winnipeg Jets, but if they get knocked out, then I'll reluctantly cheer for Vancouver.

Any Canadian team is my backup team, but Montreal's at the bottom of the Canadian team list, with Ottawa a close second-last.

The OP and I are the only people clearly cheering for the Leaf's. Yet 7 people have voted in the poll. We don't have to hide it yet guys! Toronto is off to a good start!

GO LEAFS.

BadgerTrapper said:
The OP and I are the only people clearly cheering for the Leaf's. Yet 7 people have voted in the poll. We don't have to hide it yet guys! Toronto is off to a good start!

GO LEAFS.

Oh I'm there. If we go 5-0 to start the season I'll know this team is for real this year. I like what I see so far!!

BadgerTrapper said:

GO LEAFS.

Barely. Let the Sens come back with 4 goals in 10 minutes of the third. Gotta wonder.

I was cheering for the Flames, but I heard they just decided to call it quits for the season and come back next year, guess I'll have to find someone else  ;).

BadgerTrapper said:
Toronto is off to a good start!

Just like last year......and the year before....and the year before that......and the year........

FlyingDutchman said:

I do have my other team.

GO PETES GO  ;D

CDN Aviator said:
Just like last year......and the year before....and the year before that......and the year........

The year before wasn't a good start at all.  We waited til late November to see a win.

GO CANUCKS GO

Not sure of my backup team, hopefully won't need one as in hopefully(and realistically) the Canucks will make it farther than any back up team I would choose.  rooting for the jets for sure though, mostly because of the logo.

Go Ducks! RPG is gonna kill it once they get in swing! Can't beat the line of Ryan, MVPerry, and Getzlaf...pure beauuuuuuties!

Montreal and Philly, but when in the event that it comes down to Canadian team or American team, definately have to go with  :cdn:

PuckChaser said:
Oh I'm there. If we go 5-0 to start the season I'll know this team is for real this year. I like what I see so far!!

Will you settle for 3-0-1?

Back