• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New version Recruiting Web site

Check out www.forces.ca. How would you rate the site?

• Excellent

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Quite good

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Neither good nor bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rather bad

• It sucks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LIKELY said:
Still is linking to the 03 Pay Guide.

Same here.  I would suggest they check their link and perhaps just put it through to the 'regular pages', not archived ones.

Regular  http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/media/pdf/other/RegularForcePay.pdf
Reserve  http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/media/pdf/other/PrimaryReservePay.pdf

Thanks all for noticing this. The files are being updated. Empty your cache and refresh the page and it should be ok.    We welcome your suggestions and corrections.

Today’s young people are so use to MTV and graphic intense video games that everything needs to roll with the times. If you’re going to make a new recruiting website then the various aspects which appeal to young Canadian audiences should be an influential factor not just the amount of information and functionality. It needs more polish.

Everything is floating on a white background.

The "news and events" don't match with "pay & benefits" etc or "featured media + featured jobs". The other sections have either a textured edge or a colored edge and these have white. Sure you want it to pop but a little conformity would be nice.

Clicking on "Education and Training" again plain, stark. get a little graphic behind "Resources". Another Graphic behind "Media".

It may seem like I am being picky but this is the first impression we are giving potential recruits.

Like Bill Cosy said "Don't serve me a steak on a garbage can lid, give me a paper plate" Presentation.

KS

Thank you for your comments and my team will agree with you. It IS a work in progress and not all sections have been fully developed yet. Please visit the site every few weeks to see how it is progressing, and do not hesitate to offer more insights - they are appreciated.

A few notes:

The splash page anounces this is a Flash site - not every visitor is an 18-year-old with a $2K gaming system, and not every system will support every plugin.  Their grandmothers will be visiting too, to follow links to learn about what little Susie will be doing as a combat engineer.  Where's the low tech version?

"Important Notices" - at least give me a pop-up that shows the subject headings, that way I'll know it's boilerplate legalese that I can skip.

Does the splash page flash show have to play when I reload or return to the page?  How about a "replay" button if it's already in memory?

On the jobs page the button frames for "Reset" and "Search" make it look like they are "forward/go back" style buttons. It may be a nit, but it's the little things that make usability effective.  None of the pull-down menus need the set width, the RESET and SEARCH buttons could be in the same line to the left and right.

Why cant the drop down menues be the displayed "selected criteria? Why have it showing twice on the page after the search? 

How about "Update" instead of "Search", which has fairly specific usage on the internet.  I was expecting to be able to "Search" the job profiles by entered keywords.

Perhaps the "About us - Duty With Honour" page should actually have something on that topic on the page.  Not everyone will be downloading the megabyte-plus pdf file. (There didn't seem to be a problem planting text on the "Employer of Choice" page.)

Why can't I fly tac hel missions in the Cool Stuff desktop game?

Mike

well
at last got chance to browse the site............ decent job by all
very good.............

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/v3/engraph/home/home.aspx?bhcp=1

Looks even better than the new DND site!

AIC

I just realized that Private Mark Graham is in one of the information videos.

Under 'About us' - 'Employer of Choice' , then 'Life in the Canadian Forces' video on the right.

AIC :cdn:

Its a big improvement over the last site. Much more public friendly.

One thing is sure is that I can't see it from work (on a DIN account)

Max

Impressive! They should take the music from the flash presentation and put it into the new TV ads.

Gee, if I hadn't already just put in my application to the Army I would for sure after seeing the recuiting web site!

AIC_2K5 said:
I just realized that Private Mark Graham is in one of the information videos.

Under 'About us' - 'Employer of Choice' , then 'Life in the Canadian Forces' video on the right.

AIC :cdn:
I noticed that as well and i have sent a message to them about it .That video was also on the last version of the site which is when i made comment to the team about it as well

Just checked out the new Canadian Forces recruiting website, very nice, high time the forces get a more agressive looking recruiting website.  It kinda reminds me of the USMC website, one problem though, some of the videos take too long to load, but overall a great site.  To whoever is responsible, great work, keep it up. :cdn:

It looks really good,   excellent layout, both the overall structure looks well thought out and logical but the page layout is clean, organised and pleasing to the eye.  

I do however have one minor point,   I clicked on a few links and they lead me to a non-existant page.  For example: http://www.forces.ca/v3/media/pdf/other/pilot_bodymeasurement_bil.pdf  (It is linked to by http://www.forces.ca/v3/frgraph/jobs/jobs.aspx?id=32 and http://www.forces.ca/v3/engraph/jobs/jobs.aspx?id=32)

Désolé ! Le fichier auquel vous tentez d'accéder n'existe pas.
Vous serez redirigé dans 5 secondes. Veuillez mettre à jour vos favoris.

Just a thought but I insted of slamming the person to the front of the website how about you simply push them back one page? javascript:history.back()  

Obviously an excellent job has been done here,  I must say I am impressed.

SupersonicMax said:
One thing is sure is that I can't see it from work (on a DIN account)

Max

GOOD NEWS. The html version has been up for a couple of weeks and it seems to be working well. Bottom right of the splash screen, you can click on "version html". "We welcome any feedback on problems you may still be experiencing or suggestions about improvements. Please note that we are not responsible for outdated trade videos nor the online application process. Thanks to all for your input so far from the CFRG Multimedia Services team.

Back