• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Navy Rank Slip-ons

jepremo

Inactive
Reaction score
DSSPM 2 (Directorate Soldier Systems Program Management) released on their website the new Navy rank slip-ons.. basically, they're like the newer Air Force slip-ons (OD background, blue insignia), only black.

Officers (far right column):  http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/officer_e.htm 
NCMs/NCOs:  http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/navy_rank_slipon_blackthread_e.htm

Whaddya think?

This would be for naval personnel issued CADPAT and not personnel with NCDs.

Cool.  Good to see that time, energy, and resources are going into all the right places....

Hey - why no slip-ons for army people wearing naval combats or air force work dress? Oh wait, that's right. The Navy and Air Force aren't fanatical about trying to get everyone in the CF into their uniforms.  ;)

From someone who is 'navy' (in quotes because I'm a purple trade; in reality there are no jobs whatsoever on a ship for my trade) and working in an army world, doing all army courses - I won't be wearing the new slip-ons. I like my dress of the day just the way it is - with a tiny anchor on my name tag and a black beret. The CF can save their money and produce 4 less navy slip-ons.

MedTech said:
Waste of freaking money... just stupid..

Guess you've never called a petty officer "Warrant"! :)

Kidding aside, environmental identity is a valid issue.  On the other hand, the number of naval personnel wearing combats in garrison should approach zero most of the time.  MARPAC in particular has come out rather strongly against it unless the member is "down in the dirt" so to speak.

I for one am glad the Navy is being forced to look as silly as the Air Force in CADPAT, misery loves company.

Slightly off-topic, but with the new slip-on colours, are they still going forward with the black t-shirt idea?  Before I left I remembered rumblings that it was gonna be black T for CADPAT, but white T for NCDs, for whatever reason.  Anyone in the know care to explain?

Dimsum said:
Slightly off-topic, but with the new slip-on colours, are they still going forward with the black t-shirt idea?  Before I left I remembered rumblings that it was gonna be black T for CADPAT, but white T for NCDs, for whatever reason.  Anyone in the know care to explain?

Yes, I wear a black t-shirt when I'm in CADPAT.

Dimsum said:

The black Ts have been allowed since Jan 07.  The white Ts for NCDs have been allowed since at least 01.

Personally, I hate my OD nametags with black writing.  I think I tossed them into a drawer hopefully to be lost sometime soon.  Prefer to wear my CADPAT with the anchors.

DM

DiverMedic said:
The black Ts have been allowed since Jan 07.  The white Ts for NCDs have been allowed since at least 01.

Personally, I hate my OD nametags with black writing.  I think I tossed them into a drawer hopefully to be lost sometime soon.  Prefer to wear my CADPAT with the anchors.

DM

All my nametapes and slipons are the right colour... the ARMY colour  >:D

I initially refused to wear the OD and blue nametapes and slip-ons, but then I thought about what kind of example I was setting for the new people in the unit. If I could decide to be out of dress what right did I have to say anything about dress to others. So I  put up the silly new nametape and slip-on and pranced off to work in magical fairy land...

MedTech said:

Then, I'm pretty sure that you're out of dress no??

evilgrin0036.gif

ArmyVern said:
Then, I'm pretty sure that you're out of dress no??

evilgrin0036.gif

I am indeed  ??? But if the Navy wants to get me the right nametapes and rank, they'll have to do so themselves. I'm not gonna spend my own money to do that, I've donet hat enough  ;D

MedTech said:
*Silly hat mood*
Your just a wanna be Pongo!!!

I am in the unique position as a (soon to be commissioned) naval officer who will be working for the MP's -  that there are no CAG slip-ons in the system for me. 

The army has the slip-ons that say MP and sew-on's for the airforce, but nothing for the navy (guess we don't exist).  When I asked if they were coming I was told by base supply in Esquimalt that I would have to talk to the director of heritage to have them approved ...... as if I'm about to do that....

So technically it's impossible for me to wear combats and be in dress....  I'm supposed to be in my MP flashes, but no such thing exists.  Guess I'll just pretend I'm army.

Gotta love the system.

As an aside, I was told by supply that all of the navy rank slip-ons (green) must be approved by Ottawa on an individual basis.

Back