• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Navy Rank Slip-ons

The one thing that I hate about the new slip-ons is that they don't show any Unit designation same as the air force ones. They come in "CANADA" and that is it.  I like people to know what unit I belong to.  Main reason why I still wear my unit ones and not the new Navy slip-ons.  That and as far as I know, Pet doesn't have the Navy ones yet.

DM

As a side note: I think 407 Sqn has started to add the Sqn's 407 over the "canada" in Comox.

[/quote]
Oz_441 said:
As a side note: I think 407 Sqn has started to add the Sqn's 407 over the "canada" in Comox.

There have been Log ones in 17 Wing as well.  Probably others as well, but I've seen the Log ones here and there.

Oz_441 said:

NO

It only says "407 SQN" on the new slip-ons. Theres no "CANADA" on them.

CDN Aviator said:
NO

It only says "407 SQN" on the new slip-ons. Theres no "CANADA" on them.

Over doesn't mean above.  It would be sewn over the "CANADA" covering/hiding the "CANADA".   ;D

George Wallace said:
Over doesn't mean above.  It would be sewn over the "CANADA" hiding the "CANADA".   ;D

ooops.......I'm french. Thats my excuse.

MedTech said:
Waste of freaking money... just stupid..

Who needs to spend extra money? When this first came out in a Canforgen last Januray, one of my AirForce friends gave me one of his OD slip-ons and I just coloured it in black with a felt marker.

Cheap trick, but a Lt(N) I rant into thought it was a great idea.

Who needs to spend the money? The tax payers do. The CF does to make funds available for this silly project...

Back