• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Joining Instructions - CFLRS

thanks for that Celtic, but I love your avatar....and the saying is priceless!! :D

Celtic the one on that link is date Nov 08 and is about 50 pages long.

NFLD Sapper said:
Celtic the one on that link is date Nov 08 and is about 50 pages long.

It's the same link, yes, but a brand new document. The previous one was dated February 2008. This new one was just posted on the CFLRS site this week. In the document, there are new instructions, diagrams, and other detailed information that is very useful for anyone heading to St. Jean. I see that they have even added a rather lengthy section on "sexual misconduct". How interesting that the Commandant felt the need to include that in the Joining Instructions.  ;D

I like how it tells guys to wear "clean" pants but not the women.  What's a pull?  Oops, guess they meant pullover.
A cubical lamp?  Is it square??  :D

Lost in translation, maybe??

Since at CFLRS the majority of recruits live in cubicles, which are part of a larger dormitory, and not seperate rooms - so the lamp to be used would be a ....

Celticgirl said:
... I see that they have even added a rather lengthy section on "sexual misconduct". How interesting that the Commandant felt the need to include that in the Joining Instructions.  ;D

- When I was a Recruit Platoon Commander at CFLRS in 96-97, Routine Orders would sum up the Summary Trial results for each month.  This was before 2/3 of QR&O Vol II was gutted and replaced.  Anyway, the statements of particulars often included such phrases as "had sexual relations in the quarters" and similar. 

- CFRS Cornwallis was the same in it's day - if not even more energetic.  Must have been all that salty sea fresh air!

There was more stuff going on than you could shake a stick at in CFRS in the 70's/80's.

OldSolduer said:
There was more stuff going on than you could shake a stick at in CFRS in the 70's/80's.

- "We were happy then, though we were poor." - Monty Python

TCBF said:
- "We were happy then, though we were poor." - Monty Python

I'm still relatively happy, all things considered, but a whole lot better off monetarily.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't add "Don't bring animals" after what some kid tried to pull...

Celticgirl said:
I see that they have even added a rather lengthy section on "sexual misconduct". How interesting that the Commandant felt the need to include that in the Joining Instructions.  ;D

I believe you will also be briefed once you get there on the ZERO tolerance policy there is for harassment or sexual misconduct. Both instructors and new recruits have ruined their careers over such matters.

Highlander60 said:
I believe you will also be briefed once you get there on the ZERO tolerance policy there is for harassment or sexual misconduct. Both instructors and new recruits have ruined their careers over such matters.

I don't know why anyone would take the risk, but I guess 13 or 15 weeks is too long to go 'without' for some people.  :p

They don't even have to wait that long, that is what weekend leave passes are for.

Back