• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New flying suits & jackets going on trial

SF2 said:
Would someone please explain to me how having these god forsaken sleeve holders prevents your pen from freezing??

I missed the boat on that one.....

Very high metabolism in huge pipes?  :-\

Apparently something aviators aren't blessed with...just Fast Air Group types....

Good2Golf said:
Very high metabolism in huge pipes?  :-\

Apparently something aviators aren't blessed with...just Fast Air Group types....

I sure have huge pipes   ::) 

Would someone please explain to me how having these god forsaken sleeve holders prevents your pen from freezing??

I missed the boat on that one.....

I don't understand that one eighter...

Max

Edited to add the quote.

If this thread doesn't find the original topic again soon, it's on it's way to Radio Chatter.

Milnet.ca Staff

the question is, will these new flight suits be able to accommodate these anti-pen-freezing pipes?

Strike said:
All this and we STILL haven't talked about the rank placement...

I personally love the location of the rank/slip-on "chest-paulette".
I am looking forward to walking around staring at the chests of female aircrew from now on!!!
Bring on these new flight suits!!!

This is purely from a professional point of view of course - so that I may render respects, greeting and salutations appropriately!  ;D

yeah baby!!

[Sorry Strike - I just couldn't resist.]  >:D

Strike, I'm not worried about the slip-on.  I'm just glad that many of the improvements that we recommended in the past were finally adopted on the new gear.  Covers for the pens is a good thing, as is the mandarin collar.  I like the waist tenstioners better, the crappy open velco ones were not great.

G2G

Maybe short for Charlie Foxtrot One Eighter. I don't understand those either - the wings don't turn like they do on proper flying machines.

Good2Golf said:
the crappy open velco ones were not great.

G2G

Yes, I especially like how my flt suit would come out of the wash in an unrecognizable bundle because of all the velcro getting stuck in one bug twisted mass.

Just remember, the less we complain, the more people should worry. ;)

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
For a pedigree pilot your spelling is the shits.

Sorry, English isn't my first language.  I so my best to write it properly, sometimes it's not perfect.  Again, I apologize.

Max

Strike said:
<snip> my flt suit would come out of the wash...

You wash your flight suit?  Maybe that's why my crew looks at me sideways.

I can vouch for Strike...  Her Flightsuits are of the highest possible example of pride and dress as set out by the CF Dress Manual.

Now Remembrance Day was a different story...  (couple French fries and ketchup)  But that uniform did not have the problem of pens
on the shin or upper arm.....

cheers

AES Op - Jr said:
Now Remembrance Day was a different story...

You can actually remember?  I lost track of time somewhere around 3 or 4 p.m.  (I think).  :-X

AES Op - Jr said:
I can vouch for Strike...  Her Flightsuits are of the highest possible example of pride and dress as set out by the CF Dress Manual.

Now Remembrance Day was a different story...  (couple French fries and ketchup)  But that uniform did not have the problem of pens
on the shin or upper arm.....

cheers

Ah ya.  And whose fault was that?  ;)

Just curious...now that it's a few months since the flying suit trial, what was the result?  Another suit coming to a wing near you in the near future?

These trials usually last almost year so that they can be trialed in all 4 seasons.  Then the final report, then a decision, and then a contractor once problems have been tweaked.  Depending on the priority thay was assigned to the trial, it may take some time.

Talked to the trial-ee in 402 Sqn a few months ago, and while it does look nice (except for that velcro rank badge and placement), he did say it's thicker (and a lot warmer) than our flying suit now.  I suspect it'd be a little uncomfortable in the summer  :-X

Back