• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New flying suits & jackets going on trial

All of our flightsuits are a little thicker when they are new.  I know that whenever I get one exchanged (which was pretty frequent when I was flying because of the exsessive fading) the new ones always seemed a little more robust.  A couple dozen washes should be able to sort that out.  ;D

If anybody thinks that the trial ones are warm they should try the old wool/poly ones.

I hope that everybody involved with the trial complains about the stupid rank placement.

I do not like having to stare down at somebody's tits to see what rank they are.

Well, usually. Occasionally it's a good excuse.

Dimsum said:
(except for that velcro rank badge and placement),

If you are talking about the rank on the front its a non-issue. The final production design will see them returned to the shoulders ( as we have them now).

With the little flap or just sewn on it like the fighter guys already do?

Max

SupersonicMax said:
With the little flap or just sewn on it like the fighter guys already do?

Max

I was told they will be on the shoulders with velcro......

CDN Aviator said:
I was told they will be on the shoulders with velcro......

Hilarious practical jokes will ensue  ;D

all this banter about rank placement.....
when was the last time an AF guy cared about the rank he was talking to anyways???

pot no care about looks....pot care about not lighting on fire!

SF2 said:
pot no care about looks....pot care about not lighting on fire!

I dont know about you but if i'm counting on my suit to prevent me from lighting on fire.....i have bigger issues.

that's my point....

I see my flight suit as fire protection, not a fashion statement.

SF2, in case you didn't get it, my comment was sarcastic and was in no way serious.

Hopefully with this new gear somebody up high (enough) will realize the retardery of having subdued badges, and return to coloured ones just like every other damn air force in the WORLD.  Do the clothing neeners not realize we take the badges off if we need to anyways?  THUS the velcro?  With these subdued patches, you get every shade of green possible, depending on which establishment you order them from..  Looks very unprofessional.

Hippie said:
Hopefully with this new gear somebody up high (enough) will realize the retardery of having subdued badges, and return to coloured ones just like every other damn air force in the WORLD.  Do the clothing neeners not realize we take the badges off if we need to anyways?  THUS the velcro?   With these subdued patches, you get every shade of green possible, depending on which establishment you order them from..   Looks very unprofessional.

You will find that alot of unit have already taken a somewhat wide liberty with the use of colour in badges  ;D

CDN Aviator said:
You will find that alot of unit have already taken a somewhat wide liberty with the use of colour in badges  ;D

aaaaaand the Pendulum is startin to swing back!  I have noticed as well...    Just a matter of time!  ;D

Back