• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Flight Uniforms

Eye In The Sky said:
Really?  I find with the 1 piece I am always f**king with my gitch and t shirt.  I wear the 2 piece and only that.

Not sure where this thread started but...I did see the email about the 2 piece only concept but I thought that was kinda retarded...what about the ejection seat folks, they are restricted to 1 piece aren't they??
Tuck the t-shirt into the gitch. Problem solved. Although for proper flame retardant protection, should be wearing Nomex or natural fibre (cotton, wool or silk) long underwear (Not that I do during the summer, it is just too hot). Been wearing Civvie 1-piece Nomex flightsuits of similar cut to the CF ones for almost 10 years now and love them. Tried a shirt/pant option but the 1-peice is much more comfortable in hot weather as they are light and breathe. Two piece makes no sense to me as you get hot around the waist where the shirt/pants overlap and a belt, ughh. The 1-piece is much more comfortable for sitting in an aircraft all day in my opinion.
Agreed this is from a Civvie perspective, but I think it is just my 2-cents.

If you're tac hel crew, in the field, having to dump...you appreciate the 2-piece.  You're hot anyway and drinking lots of water to stay hydrated, so you don't really notice the additional layer...and you're probably wearing a BV anyway where it's hot.  ;)

Yes, CF ALSE (aircrew life support equipment) regulations require a natural or aramid fibre first layer underneath outer clothing, except by case-by-case operational exception.

Cheers
G2G

I got an email today to go and get my new ACE gear the week of Aug 20-24. Some guys on my course are curious about it, and I know I've seen pictures but can't track any down at the moment. Does anyone have any pics?

benny88 said:
I got an email today to go and get my new ACE gear the week of Aug 20-24. Some guys on my course are curious about it, and I know I've seen pictures but can't track any down at the moment. Does anyone have any pics?

I don't, but would be very interested to see some as well.  What pictures have you seen?

From what I can remember or have heard about them; different collar (more like USAF), pen holders on the arms, lowered waist, and a change in the tabs that adjust the flanks. And as for the outerwear, I'm told it's one jacket with a liner that zips in for winter vice a separate warm and cold weather jacket.

CANAIRGEN (020/12) is out WRT ACE:

1. THE CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT MILLENNIUM STANDARD (CEMS) PROJECT INTRODUCES THE ADVANCED CREW ENSEMBLE (ACE). ACE IS A NEW SUITE OF EXTERNAL FLYING CLOTHING FOR AIRCREW

2. THE ACE CLOTHING IS COMPRISED OF FOUR ITEMS, INCLUDING A FLYERS JACKET, JACKET LINER, LINED BIB PANTS AND UNLINED BIB PANTS.  INDIVIDUAL ENTITLEMENT WILL BE TWO JACKETS AND TWO LINERS AND ONE EACH OF THE LINED AND UNLINED BIB PANTS

3. THE FLYERS JACKET HAS A REMOVABLE LINER TO CATER TO SUMMER AND WINTER CONDITIONS. THE COLD/WET WEATHER BIB PANTS ARE INSULATED FOR WINTER WEAR WHEREAS THE WET WEATHER BIB PANTS ARE AN UNINSULATED SHELL MORE SUITABLE FOR SPRING/FALL CONDITIONS

4. ACE WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FIVE COLOURS: AIR FORCE GREEN (AFG) FOR MOST AIRCREW, CADPAT (TW) FOR TACTICAL AVIATION, CADPAT (AR) FOR DEPLOYED OPS IN ARID REGIONS, BLACK FOR AUTH PERS ONLY, AND INTERNATIONAL ORANGE FOR SEARCH AND RESCUE TECHNICIANS

5. REF PROVIDES OPERATIONAL AIRWORTHINESS CLEARANCE (OAC) FOR ALL ACE GARMENTS AS WELL AS FURTHER INFO ON ORDER OF WEAR, SIZING, AND CATALOGUING

6. INDIVIDUAL ENTITLEMENT IS IDENTIFIED IN SCALE D01-319AB FOR AIRCREW AND D01-320AA FOR SEARCH AND RESCUE TECHS

7. ACE IS EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE AT UNIT CLOTHING STORES BY SEP

CEMS Protective Equipment info:

Protective Equipment
The Flyers' items will be the replacement for the present day flying clothing (flying suit, flight jackets, etc.). These items will be fire retardant, anti-static, and anti-FOD in accordance with the demanding aircrew environment. They will be operational colour to provide the best protection for aircrew in most environments on the ground.

•Flyers' Jacket
•Flyers' Cold Weather Trousers
•Flyers' Warm WeatherCoveralls (1 and 2 Piece)
•Flyers' Cold Weather Trousers (in case you missed it the first time I guess...)

However, nothing is mentioned about them in the Schedule or Stock Codes pages.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

personally, i'm not a fan of the two piece except in the field because its easier to attend to ones daily ablutions.  The one piece allows no ventilation between top and bottom, has too many layers bound by a belt and is distinctly uncomfortable. I'm a two piece fan, is like going to work in my jammies.

Can't think of anyone in in my unit who thinks a cadpat suit is a great idea, we're simply going to be mistaken for firefighters. most are saying they'll wear their current issue to rags, which we usually do anyways as our supply system doesn't cater to us air force folks. Actually, they don't cater to anyone....

Back