• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CTs and Reg F pay system

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just transferred from the Reserves on 30 Mar and I've heard something vaguely about how HRMS is backed up and so new CTs aren't entered in the Reg F pay system.  I've asked the BOR to check and I'm not in there, but at the time they didn't know when people will be entered into the pay system.  Also, will I be going to the BOR(s) every pay period to pick up a cheque?

Thanks!

Something here doesn't sound right.  On your Inclearance to your Unit, you would visit the OR and there they would have a copy of the message that 'Posts you In' and they should also have on that message your particulars as to Pay and Incentive Level.  You provide the OR with your Banking info (your Account and Bank Branch) and it is Direct Deposited into your account.

When I switch over. I missed a pay period for the Regular Force. But I still had some money owed to me with the PRes. So I just made my payments. Some things they don't tell you when you jump over.

George, you are correct, but the OR's are dependant on DAPPP to "create" profiles within CCPS. Although they would likely have access to him in HRMS, it would not necessarily be the case with CCPS. If they are doing an update of sorts within HRMS or they are truly backed up (which could be the case while they trying to close the last Fiscal Year, such as rollover of leave entitlements) then some delay can inevitably occur.

In short it is the same issue as is being experienced for folks on Class C where their is a time delay before their becomes available. Usually a few weeks, and DAPatterson stated in another posts that initiatives are being explored to speed up this process. The time of year could also contribute to some slow down in processing, or activation, of new files.

Edited for clarity, dang Fridays!

Could it not also have something to do do with the mbr's RPSR profile?  If you haven't been cleared in that system, you won't be able to show up in CCPS.

I recently received my message approving recognition of my previous reserve service before joining ROTP.  I received the message 5 weeks ago and I have not yet received any changes in my pay account.  Presently I am being paid ROTP OCdt IPC4 and according to the message I should be paid Cpl IPC2 dated from my date of enrolment 16 May 2003.  So my question is how long does this process take?  I have checked with my pay office and so far nothing has happened.  Any advice?  Does it just take a long time to be actioned?  Thanks for any help.

Dara said:
Could it not also have something to do do with the mbr's RPSR profile?  If you haven't been cleared in that system, you won't be able to show up in CCPS.
Two completly independant systems, so no. Fact is you can have a Class A & B account in RPSR and yet also have a Class C within CCPS.

hunterd said:
So my question is how long does this process take? 
As it has to be completed retro-actively for a few years, you should expect some delay in processing as everything since the day you joined has to be recalculated. Combined with the end of FY, as mentioned above, somethings can take a backseat to the rollover of the new FY within HRMS. HRMS must be updated which in turn triggers CCPS.

PO1FinClk:  Sorry, should have been more clear.  CCPS cannot be started while a debit balance is still showing in RPSR.  Perhaps that is the case for this mbr.

It took about 5 weeks for me back in the late 90's when I did a ct, the only thing I can offer is you're not alone, there were quite a few guys in the BOR here in Esquimalt last week looking for a check, all the best to you

ArtyNewbie said:
It took about 5 weeks for me back in the late 90's when I did a ct, the only thing I can offer is you're not alone, there were quite a few guys in the BOR here in Esquimalt last week looking for a check, all the best to you

Roger that, that was the gist I got from BOR (and people I knew at NRCC across the way...)  Thanks for all the info! 

Back