• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New build Lee Enfields (AIA)

Thanks for that. I found a couple of Jungle Carbines on Gunnutz, but that was about it. I'm going to keep going to local gun shows to see what comes out of the woodwork.

The 7.62 Enfields show up as DCRA Enfields or .308 Enfields.

Gunnutz usually has a couple a month pass through.

Price is usually between $500-800 depending on condition and options with it.

NS

Is it true that the Rangers use Enfield rifles instead of m16's?
  Because they don't freeze, or something like that?

Bill

NavyShooter said:
As for the x39 being enough for local game, well, I don't hunt much, but when I do, it's generally at distances of less than 100 meters.  It's got the oomph for that.

NS

I checked the hunting regs for Sask., Ont., and Alberta and only Alberta had anything on cartridge size and that was the following,  "ammunition of less than .23 calibre, ammunition that contains non-expanding bullets," there is nothing about length of cartridge. However, I'm pretty sure that most provincial regulations have similar restrictions (e.g. calibre and non-expanding bullets). Which brings up the question, does anyone make 7.26 x 39 MM ammo with a soft-point bullet? If not, then you (probably) can't use them for big game hunting.*

* One exception is varmints (e.g. coyotes) that can be hunted with non-expanding bullets (aka ball or hard-point bullets).

masterchief said:
Is it true that the Rangers use Enfield rifles instead of m16's?
  Because they don't freeze, or something like that?

Bill

Read more, post less and use the search function.

To answer your question, yes and no.

recceguy said:
Read more, post less and use the search function.

To answer your question, yes and no.

I searched,
but I couldn't find anything to answer my question.

Bill

masterchief said:
I searched,
but I couldn't find anything to answer my question.

Bill

Step 1- go to the index page
Step 2- type in Lee Enfield in the search box.....I got 6 pages worth of hits....and you get none?
Step 3- type in rangers in the search box----again I get 29 pages....in all fairness some of those entries will deal with the US Rangers, QYR, Butlers Rangers etc...the point I am trying to make is there is information there...you just have to search through it and refine your search more.
So get off your ass and don't lie, there are a myriad of sources out there.....google works as well

Milnet.Ca Staff

Oh okay, I guess I wrote it wrong.
I'm new here so I'm just figuring out all the search functions.
You don't have to jump at me, a simple polite answer is good enough.

Bill

masterchief said:
Oh okay, I guess I wrote it wrong.
I'm new here so I'm just figuring out all the search functions.
You don't have to jump at me, a simple polite answer is good enough.

Bill

Go to your PMs.

Milnet.ca Staff

Yes,

There is 7.62x39mm Soft Point ammo.

I've got a bit onhand.

NS

Cabelas lists 7.62X39 soft point ammunition on their website.

http://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=71&&section=1187&section2=1280&section3=1464&ID=27683

Shipping costs can be prohibitive though, if you're not handy to Winnipeg.

I picked up one of their new build No. 4 SMLE's in 7.62 x 51mm from MARSTAR.

I've only shot it through the iron sights at 100m, but so far, I am very pleased with the accuracy and workmanship.
I was getting approximately 1-1/2 Inch 5 shot groups at 100m with a strong crosswind.

My only complaint would be that the windage is very tricky to adjust on the front post, but that's probably user error more than anything else.

Colin P said:
Thought about getting the 7.62 x39 version but put off by the 5rd mag limit.

The original Lee Enfield is allowed to keep it's full 10 round mag capacity under our existing laws (5 rd centrefire mags). I wonder if anyone has approached the CFC about this (near identical) copy being exempted also.

Problem as I understand it is that the rifle uses AK mags, unlike the .308 version which uses a mag similar but different than the M14/M305 one. (A well known CGN dealer is fighting a case about this right now)

Back