• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need a good routine

bomber12

Inactive
Reaction score
I 've searched here and all over the internet and havent found a good all around routine to build stamina and physical fitness. I really need some good help with making a routine that will get me in top shape. So far all I have been doing is running the track at the local highschool and going to the gym 3 times a week. But when I go to the gym I just do random shit which doesnt help at all. I have asked people around me for help but they dont know anything. So please can someone right me up a good routine or atleast link me to something usefull. I know how to search but I am just find random things that arent really helping me out.

I have a gym form I made and use myself - I'll email it to you. 

you have mail.

Theres a ton of info on the net; especially in regards to "Military" work outs

These two sites should get you started
www.crossfit.com
www.menshealth.com

Some other good work outs/excercises I've found are

Air Assualt work out
The four-mile track workout is a great way to build speed and endurance
for the two-mile timed run and the daily three to four mile runs at AAS:

Jog 1 mile at easy pace
Repeat 4 times
Sprint 400m
Jog 400m

Repeat 8 times
Sprint 200m
Jog 200m

Jog 1 mile at goal pace for 2 mile run

For the PT workouts, I would recommend doing the supersets workouts to
build endurance and PT pyramids to build strength.

Repeat 5-10 times
Pushups - 10
Crunches - 10-20
Wide pushups - 10
Situps - 10-20
Triceps pushups - 10
Crunches - 10-20
Pullups - max reps or 10-15 seconds flexed arm hang

Screamers
3 push ups 1 squat jump
6 push ups 2 squat jump
9 push ups 3 squat jump
12 push ups 4 squat jump
Rest 90 seconds after each round and repeat for a total of 3

The Run and Leg PT Workout:

Repeat 4-5 times

- Run 1 mile at your goal pace (6-8:00/mile) (no ruck sack)
- Squats - 30
- Lunges - 20 / leg
- Calves (heel raises) - 30 per leg

hey i'm in the same kinda boat, any chance you could email me your routine? i am doing the same thing a routine would probably be better for me.

Go here and click on the link in the first post:
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=19624

I think you guys are approaching this all wrong.  There is no one size fits all routine that is going to work.  I could share my routine with you, but what if my weaknesses are your strengths?  You would be completely wasiting your time.

My advice to you is to talk to a personal trainer at your gym.  Pay them for one whole session, they will interview you before hand.  Tell them what you wand and need and they can build a program that will work for you.

As I mentioned in another post, aerobics, weights and running are three things I beleive to be important.  But there are so many different ways to implement the three.

agreed.  the form I emailed him is a blank sheet to fill in how he needs.  It has the full gamut of my routine.  It's just a starting point.  It's important to know your strengths and weaknesses - where you need to improve.  Me, it's upper body.  So I focus on resistance/ strength training a little more heavily than say someone who has more upper body strength. 

I also agree with getting a trainer if you can afford it - some gyms offer one complimentary training session - others you can get a small intro package of 6 to 12 sessions for a discounted price.  Either way, the trainier will be able to provide some good information/ mentoring to get you started.  But remember that once your trainer sessions are over - you have to make yourself accountable.  That's the hard part.

Back