• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I believe it is a wheeled version of a Swedish light or medium tank. I think it is Strv 41. It was produced in both wheeled and tracked versions.

Cheers,

tango22a

APC version of STRV M42 according to one of my reference books.SKPF M/42

tango22a

tango22a said:
APC version of STRV M42 according to one of my reference books.SKPF M/42

SKPF M/42.  (SKPF if armored hull was on Scania-Vabis F11 truck chassis and VKPF on Volvo TLV 142 chassis.)  Was not related to Strv M42.  The KPs (Karosseri Pansarbil) were armoured 4-wheel drive personnel carriers built for the Swedish army during the Second World War.  Remained in Swedish service until 1990s; afterwards some went to Latvia and Lithuania.  The Swedes even used some on UN ops and I recall seeing it (or something similar) at the SWEDBAT camp in the Sinai in the 70s.

What's next.

Blackadder 1916:

Guess my book is wrong...seen it happen before.

Plase post again

Thanks,

tango22a

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3364457

from what I can glean from here, it would appear that the SKPF M/42 and the Crocodile have a common pedigree...Interesting but little known tidbit there Blackadder - Got another one ?

How many wheels does the model in the images have?

I'll assume it is 8, which would make it the GPV Colonel or Captain.
And if I am correct, forgive me, but I am currently pictureless.

Haha good thing this popped up:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
I was about to ask the same thing

how about this one ?

Dutch_army_Pzh-2000_firing_on_Taliban_in_Chura._June_16%2C_2007._Photo_by_David_Axe.jpg

This particular model is in Dutch service.

Ironically, I was going to say (based on just the partially downloaded image as it was 1/2 done) Pz2000, or E-100.  The E-100 had a funny muzzlebrake too...but in current service?  Nope.

Back