• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Here's one for ya - I just discovered this one. I had to obscure some text painted on the right front of the vehicle to avoid throwing out a give-away. Any takers?

Command-Sense-Act 105 said:
I haven't posted one since I got the Magach 7, here goes:

The picture attached to your post looks one of the RG-series armoured vehicles made by Reumech of South Africa - and damned if I can't remember the proper model number or designation. I just know I've seen it before. Does that count?  :D

The UN one is the RG 32, the pre-curser for the Nyala and Mamba and the cheaper version as well.
That armoured vehicle is fascinating me though, i really want to know what it is. Is amphibious by the trim vane at the front, engine in the back and with the M60 on the pintle must be dated from the 70's or 80's i'm guessing (its got 1974 on the front but also the shape of the turret and the gun design). I'm dead curious though. Wanna give us a clue?

I think it's one of the prototypes M114 Lynx with the M85 equiped machine gun turret.

Hale, you got the OMC/Reumech RG32 Scout spot on.  Take 3000kg of vehicle, put in an anemic little Diesel engine, an ancient Chrysler 3 speed auto transmission, the brakes from a Nissan Micra and the hills of Lebanon and the Golan Heights and you have a whole heap of fun!

Command-sense you are going to have to hold-me-back! Let me into that drivers seat right NOW! The Golan heights? 3000kg of car? Nissan Micra brakes? Is there a civvie version i could pick up? I'm lacking in far to many broken bones to miss this opportunity. :warstory:
Be almost as good as the driving around in that G-wagon with a bloke who got his driving license in a christmas cracker.

I was thinking the AFV had some very lynx like features but i know nothing about lynx's and didnt click that they might be related.

ironduke57 said:
That´s the XM800T from FMC for the US ARSV program.

Regards,
ironduke57

Ahh, so that's what it is.  Eland hasn't been on in a week.  You want to post the next one?

chanman said:
Ahh, so that's what it is.  Eland hasn't been on in a week.  You want to post the next one?
Sure, why not. I am participating already on 5-6 other forum on AFV pic guessing games so I have enough material. ;)
-------------------------
So what have we here:
ffce1.jpg

Regards,
ironduke57

Ok I give, a hint may help. I first thought Hungarian Toldi or pre war Soviet like the T-26 but suspension is all wrong.

Back