• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

For those members who might be a little older...here is an old pic circa 1965
Sorry if it's a little crooked

wohooo..... 3/4 ton cargo trucks with Centuirions.
Hmmm... no snowflakes on the doors of the 3 quad and no CFR licence plates.
yup, prolly around '65

Ah....some connoisseurs...Yep centurions and 3/4 tons infantry carriers.
Tanks probably from RCD's or LDSH(can't remember) and trucks from 1st  Vandoos in Soltau Germany

West germany indeed but looking at the original,I was mistaken as far as the tanks are concerned,they are British...sorry...I am really getting old :-[

It started life as an M60, but it is now an...

Israeli Magach 7.  The Israelis love the over-the-barrel coaxial .50 calibre and ERA.

The picture was likely taken at the IDF Armour Corps Museum in Latrun, Israel. 

Hmmm.  This seems like some sort of trade infringment?

cheapripoff.jpg

Actually, it looks like a Steyr-built Pandur 6 X 6. The turret is the giveaway. The Pandur hull itself seems to be your garden-variety MOWAG design with a few fillips here and there in the way the hull is shaped (maybe to hide the close family resemblance??)

Eland said:
Actually, it looks like a Steyr-built Pandur 6 X 6. The turret is the giveaway. The Pandur hull itself seems to be your garden-variety MOWAG design with a few fillips here and there in the way the hull is shaped (maybe to hide the close family resemblance??)

I think you got it!  8X8 + google image search =
pandur.jpg

Pandur II 8 x 8

pandurII4.html

It is a Pandur II with the same turret as the ASCOD IFV. Thats a mauser 30mm gun.

Back