• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Actually....if it came down to it.....that could be used to shoot at you....

Looks like a MLRS with oversized rockets, possibly bomblet dispensing rockets?

Norinco Type 83 MRS, China (AKA WM-40)

Name the tank if you want, the real challenge is: what's in the coffins?

It's a T-55 used for clearing minefields. The coffin's (I think) are carrying the cables that are launched then exploded to clear mines. I can't remember what we call them.

Edit: found out what teh cables on this particular model are called - UZR-3 explosive hose type mine clearer system

well.... I see with my little eyes, the side of a T34

Yep...on the left is a T-34.....

The main picture has me at a loss.

Regards

Larry Strong said:
British Archer 17pdr Tank Destroyer

That's what I was thinking as well, but it is missing the cut out in the turret plate for an MG. [maybe that was just the Canadian version with an MG]. Note the turret is turned backwards, its normal [and only] firing position.

Here's a weird one:

RadOp's looks like a Valentine of some sort...
But that has been covered with the Archer comment.

I doubt it would be the Bishop...

whiskey601 said:
Here's a weird one:

WTF is that?

almost looks like a flying saucer on wheels....

Regards

The tank is French. It's an Char Amphible Schneider- Laurent amphibious tank built in 1928. Only one was made;D

I don't think so, I know the Egyptians used them during the Sinai campaign, maybe it's way they had theirs, they also used T34/85's and they also had a T34 variant as a TD.....got to dust out the cobwebs to remember where I saw that...

toglmonster said:
The tank is French. It's an Char Amphible Schneider- Laurent amphibious tank built in 1928. Only one was made;D

correct.

Is that the one with three speeds forward, five speeds reverse?

I keed, I keed.

Here's a photo of a war time Archer, I think that's the gun sight aperture as opposed to an MG port, notice the similarities in the chassis. Shooting from the rear sure re-definedĀ  "Shoot and Scoot". I think that's it's Egyptian as the paint would be consistent with a dessert tan.

Back