• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Is it that AMOS system (the turret at least)?

EDIT: I think the dude under me may have gotten the whole package..

LIKELY said:
Jagpanzer Kanon it is.....least thats what the internet says.  And its always right.
Jagdpanzerkanone was a Bundeswehr vehcile (like the Jagdpanzerrakete).  Note the non-stylised crosses: that is a Wehrmacht or Waffen-SS vehicle.

toglmonster said:
It's an Armored Modular Vehicle from Finland with an AMOS 120mm mortar system.

Correct, you're up.

Incidentally I've thought that the turret might be an interesting system for Canada to look into, looks like it should be adaptable to a LAV chassis if it hasn't been done already.

Toglmonster.....you have the floor...or the room....or whatever this might be.... ;D

Do you want the nationality?

First guy is Norwegian...
Or more specifically...KJK?

Oh, neato.
You (well, I, in this case) learn something new everyday.

(and I have a question...why is that on every norwegian military uniform I have seen, the flags' cross is justified to the right on the flag.  When on the real flag of the nation the cross is justified to the left?)

Isn't the middle guy in the pictures from the "Cloth the Soldier" Posters??

Koenigsegg said:
(and I have a question...why is that on every norwegian military uniform I have seen, the flags' cross is justified to the right on the flag.  When on the real flag of the nation the cross is justified to the left?)

I would guess it is something to do with how the Americans (I am pretty sure they do this) either put there flag on the other solder or put a different flag on when they are deployed to have where the flag pole is to the front as if it was "Chargeing into battle"....Just a guess I might be wrong...

I dont think the guy in the bottom photo has a big enough rifle.   ;D It would be funny if he was just aiming at a squirrel or something.
It looks like the guy in picture #4 is wearing German camo? I could be wrong, German infantryman?

All Scandanavian soldiers.....

# 1 - Norwegian "Storm" Mechanized Infantry

# 2 - Danish infantry soldier

# 3 - Norwegian HJK (Haerens Jegerkommando) Paratrooper

# 4 - Swedish Coastal Ranger

No idea what it's called but I know what my Pl. WO would say...Sir, it's a shiny thing that is used to shoot down other shiny things. ;D

Edited for spelling

Back