• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Right it is a T-80. To be precise it should be an T-80UM1.

MJP you are up.

Here two more pix from the same Russian board:
- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/w54bd1bea.jpg/

- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/w7176c7d2.jpg/

Regards,
ironduke57

I glady give my right for next picture to Colin.  I saw the whole series of pictures on Reddit so had an unfair advantage. 

How long to you have to Laager a tank to get that much moss growing on it?

;-)

NS

Had a browse through this thread and did some searches for what people on others *think* it might be, but jury's still out on this one.  Looks like an LVT / Water Buffalo but the track alignment isn't exactly the same:

BdkiNyhIAAAmyNj.jpg:large

Looks like a British / Canadian gun tractor in the background, so makes me think it's an Allied prototype or modification of some kind. 

The British built a version in late 44 for the 79 arm div.  The Neptune which was a troop carrier / ferry. The Sealion which was a recovery version with cargo deck lowered and fitted with a crane. The Turtle which was fitted as a mobile workshop.  Can't find any good pics on this stupid iPhone.

Mystery solved by another forum ... It appears to be a Bagtignolles Chatillion DP 3.

I've never seen it before!

dp3_01.jpg

You have got the country right, but the only CEV that I know was US Army and built on an M60.

Either the Royal Engineers Terrier Armoured Digger or the older FV180 Combat Engineer Tractor

NFLD Sapper said:
Either the Royal Engineers Terrier Armoured Digger or the older FV180 Combat Engineer Tractor

I would go with the Terrier Armoured Digger

NFLD Sapper said:
Larry Strong said:
I would go with the Terrier Armoured Digger
That would be wise because the CET did not have an excavator arm.
It is the Terrier.

Another kick-start for this with an even easier vehicle:

MCG said:
Another kick-start for this with an even easier vehicle:

FV180 Combat Engineer Tractor (CET)

I got nothing right now, someone else can have a go.

The EE-18 Sucuri armed with the Italian 105-mm gun, developed by OTO Melara

Back