• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

FORD tank... built by Henry Ford late in WWI.... only was a prototype.

tango22a

Sorry, but I don't have anything suitable at this time.

Anyone else ???

tango22a

Almost a freebie.

tankmk.png

Not really from what I can find....

Experimental.... Yes.....

90 mm gun, NO

EDITED TO ADD

Swedish, YES

UDES XX-20

A 1981 concept based on the BV206 but with changes to the running gear.  The gun is 120mm.  Three man crew in the front unit, the rear unit contained power plant, fuel and ammo.  This single example is now a museum piece in Sweden.

Blackadder1916 said:
UDES XX-20

A 1981 concept based on the BV206 but with changes to the running gear.  The gun is 120mm.  Three man crew in the front unit, the rear unit contained power plant, fuel and ammo.  This single example is now a museum piece in Sweden.

Correct, next!

EDITED TO ADD

- Tested between 1980-1983
- Extreme mobility in combination with very high firepower was the main objectives.
- The front car had a 3-man crew with a remotely controlled turret located above the steer unit ( concentric to the steer axis)
- A high horsepower to weight ratio together with extreme long ground contact length and high capacity suspension gave extremely high terrain speed.
- Was ready for testing in 1981.
- The vehicle weighed 25 tons, the extreme mobility was lost in soft soil and deep snow due to the fact the rear carrier moved in existing deep tracks.

The inner wheels remind me of the old Czech suppression system. Am I getting warmer? Or is it American farmer gator tractor? pre WW2?

Macey said:
The inner wheels remind me of the old Czech suppression system. Am I getting warmer?    NO

Or is it American farmer gator tractor?    NO

pre WW2?    NO

This vehicle didn't always have tracks.  Here's a view of it with wheels.

Back