• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Nah, I'd rather do this, thanks

ScarletSpider

Inactive
Reaction score
For the last three years I had been training to "join" the police force. I studied there customs and policies for years to even have a chance to join. But for the sake of applying, I originally applied for Military Police. While, I was told that I didn't qualify but could apply later. But I did end up going through a lot of my recruiting process. During my interview I told my recruiter that I was experienced in construction. I spent all my college years working as a construction worker, demolition and custom woodworker. So he advised me to apply for ACS Tech. I had always loved being a construction worker; I mean nothing more satisfying then putting my steel toes through drywall. So I agreed.

I ended up being called up for ACS Tech and I leave at the end of the month. So my advice is: Don;t be rigid in your choices. Sometimes our life experiences open up a whole new path. And just because you cant do what you want to do now doesn't mean you cant do it later. And hey; who says that you won't enjoy want you do anyway.

Can't wait to get my hands on those planes.

:) congrats! My son just graduated HS in June. He really enjoyed his construction classes and decided to apply for ACS tech around February of his grade 12 year. His process went smoothly and fairly quickly everything considered! He was offered a position as an ACS tech August 12, and is being sworn in this Friday! He begins basic training OCT 20, and is very excited for this new adventure in his life! Your paths will probably cross one day in training I'm sure :)
Enjoy your new career, it's very exciting indeed! All the best to you!

Back