• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

N.S. man creates first Canadian military action figures

Sigs Pig

Inactive
Reaction score
From CBC

A Nova Scotia man is one of three partners behind new action figures sporting Canadian military uniforms that they're trying to get on the market.

Although the figures may not become as popular as G.I. Joe, the first-ever Canadian military action figures are starting to sell quickly in Nova Scotia.

More at link

ME

:eek:

Does anyone in Halifax/Dartmouth know where they're selling these?!?!?

I need one!
(or 8....might as well get en entire section, right?)

It wouldn't be a CBC report without the deeply thought out comments, focussing on the important.....
twocentsworth
          Great idea but.....
          Is he going to make female versions?
          Why are they all caucasian and male?
  :not-again:

Journeyman said:
It wouldn't be a CBC report without the deeply thought out comments, focussing on the important.....  :not-again:

+1....I did like this comment, though;
"I wonder if he's going to put little beer bellies on the Navy versions."

;D

Hammer Sandwich said:
Does anyone in Halifax/Dartmouth know where they're selling these?!?!?
From the web site ....
http://www.heroesforce.com/
.... here's the list o' dealers for the moment in southern Ontario & NB:
http://www.heroesforce.com/Purchase/
(....)
Nova Scotia

I.C. Optical
173 Main St, Dartmouth, NS
902-435-5929

Heavenly Crumbs Bakery
178 Pictou Road, Bible Hill, NS
902-843-4277
Website

Masstown Market
**Price will vary at this location**
10622 Hwy 2 Debert, NS
(902) 662-2816
Website

Miller Optical
East Side Plaza
Bridgewater, NS
902-543-3937

(....)

Ontario

Toys On Fire. Ottawa area
**Available soon at this location**
130 Riocan Ave. suit 3, Napean, ON
K2J 5G4
613-825-0688
Website

Sir Games A Lot
Bayfield Mall
320 Bayfield Street Barrie, ON
705-719-1291
Website

BULLDOG Fitness Centre
11 King Street
South West Barrie, ON
705-722-5439

JH Varty Machining
680 Bayview Dr.
South East Barrie, ON
705-726-0091

Sir Halibut Fish & Chip
4 Pine Rd. off of Mill St.
Angus, ON
705-424-4705

Journeyman said:
It wouldn't be a CBC report without the deeply thought out comments, focussing on the important.....  :not-again:

We'll need male and female, in every skin colour. Different shapes and body sizes.

Office action figures will need to have C8s with pistols and all sorts of weapons attachments.

The idea's been done. Public Affairs has oodles of our own version to pass out to kids at events.

A neat idea, but if the creator was inclined to make a different figure for each element, then it seems logical that they would have more differences than just their beret colour. I wonder how much more it would cost up front to make them in NCD or flying clothing.

Anyway I hope this venture is successful.

(Also, have we not yet learned to ignore the "comments" section on news websites?)

Grimaldus said:
changed my mind, might derail the thread.« Last Edit: Today at 11:55:57 AM by Grimaldus »

I know I'll be breaking out the markers when I get more action figures, just to make sure my "section" has equal representaion of all races and ethnic groups.  ;)

Okay.. so let's figure it out..

The Vandoo one will be all tan up and long black slick hair. Plus the R22R hand tattoo.
The RCR one will have issued gear. Plus the boots, putties and a handle bar stache..
The PPCLI one will have everything aftermarket minus the pants.. Hahahaha

Strike said:
The idea's been done. Public Affairs has oodles of our own version to pass out to kids at events.

Not exactly a comparable item, and definitely a different target audience. Further discussion on it can go to the linked thread.

Grimaldus said:
We'll need male and female, in every skin colour. Different shapes and body sizes.

Office action figures will need to have C8s with pistols and all sorts of weapons attachments.

Unless they get some bilingual packaging they are unlikely to ever appear in a Canex.

Everybody knows the real money is in the cool accessories and not in the doll.

Not the prototype shown below, ce n'est pas bilingue!  First Collector's Edition?  Heroes en francais - héros

How much did you pay Hammer?

Simian Turner said:
Not the prototype shown below, ce n'est pas bilingue!  First Collector's Edition?  Heroes en francais - héros

How much did you pay Hammer?

10 bucks.
(Comparable to other action figures)

Simian Turner said:
.... Heroes en francais - héros...

Shit, you're right...no accent on the French "heroes".

Likewise I have never heard of the Soldier Fund - there is 'Soldier On 'and the 'Military Families Fund'.

Simian Turner said:
Likewise I have never heard of the Soldier Fund - there is 'Soldier On 'and the 'Military Families Fund'.
Despite what the Heroes Force web page says, the creator, speaking to the Barrie Examiner a couple of weeks back, is quoted saying money will be going to Soldier On:
.... the biggest reason for creating the action figures is his support for Canadian troops. A portion of the proceeds from sales will go to helping soldiers in need.

"I just wanted to do a nice fundraiser for the Soldier On fund," he said.

Soldier On was created in 2006 with the aim of supporting ill and injured military personnel — both still serving and retired — with a permanent or chronic disability, and their families.

Thibodeau already has a manufacturer for the action figures and a company who will distribute them if the sales potential is good ....

Back