• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My story, as it is today

Glad to hear you will be re applying.
If it's what you feel you need and want and desire it with all your being.
Do it.
Keep doing it.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences, and for persevering.  Keep moving forward!

It's kind of sappy, but I remember reading the below poem many, many years ago. It's just one of those things that has sat at the back of my mind during some of my own struggles...

Don’t Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,

When funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won if he’d stuck it out.

Don’t give up, though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;

Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor’s cup,

And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are -
It may be near when it seems afar;

So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit -
It’s when things seem worst that you mustn’t quit.

- Author Unknown

Shuck10 said:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences, and for persevering.  Keep moving forward!

It's kind of sappy, but I remember reading the below poem many, many years ago. It's just one of those things that has sat at the back of my mind during some of my own struggles...

Don’t Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,

When funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won if he’d stuck it out.

Don’t give up, though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;

Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor’s cup,

And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are -
It may be near when it seems afar;

So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit -
It’s when things seem worst that you mustn’t quit.

- Author Unknown

That's a really great poem :nod:  Thanks for sharing! I plan to bring it to BMQ for those days when a little extra motivation is required  ;)

MedTech Hopeful said:
That's a really great poem :nod:  Thanks for sharing! I plan to bring it to BMQ for those days when a little extra motivation is required  ;)

That's a terrific idea!  Hopefully I'll see it there soon ;)

Merit listed yesterday after an almost 2 year wait.  Hoping for a good result at selection!

SentryMAn said:
Merit listed yesterday after an almost 2 year wait.  Hoping for a good result at selection!

Glad your patience and perseverance is paying off. Best of luck going forward!

Well a minor update.  An offer is inbound.  I have not received it yet but have selected my 3 posting preferences.  I have been given an exemption from BMOQ and some trade training, which as always is a good thing but took forever to have approved.

I don't know who is more nervous now, me or my wife and the possibility of a move.

:)

Still waiting for them to chisel out the offer on a marble slab, I've heard that the personnel in charge of the slab was off for a week and then they had to requisition the proper tools to chisel the offer into the marble, seems what they tried was only good for sand stone, not marble.  So the paperwork has been submitted and the new tool should be on site anywhere from tomorrow to 2 years from today.

lol

It took a lot longer then I thought it would but I am over the moon to post that I've accepted a position in Comox, BC.  It's pretty close to where I am now, just a messily 6000 kms away so I think I can commute the first while back and forth....lol

My family is also very happy and after the initial shock are all on board with this adventure.

SentryMAn said:
It took a lot longer then I thought it would but I am over the moon to post that I've accepted a position in Comox, BC.  It's pretty close to where I am now, just a messily 6000 kms away so I think I can commute the first while back and forth....lol

My family is also very happy and after the initial shock are all on board with this adventure.

Congratulations!  I've been keeping up with your progress here and there, and you've had quite a journey. All the best going forward! :cdn:

To be 100% honest here:

If it weren't for the wonderful help and people on this board and the local CFRC putting up with me, I'd still likely be waiting for my file to be processed at all.

A big Thanks to everyone here for their help!  Someday I'll pay it forward!

Congratulations dude! What a great story with a happy ending, if you ever drive through Port Alberni on your way to or from Comox let me know and I'll buy you a beer! What position did you get in Comox?

Thanks everyone! It's an amazing feeling to be able to see the end of the tunnel, and the start of the adventure!
I'm a DEO LogO but I'm not sure what posn I'll be filling yet in Comox.

As an avid mountain biker, I am beyond stoked to have 2 fantastic bike parks within about 300kms.
haha

Still trying to get through the tunnel, I've already been thrown under teh bus once so far which should set me up for a great career.  lol

I see the end, I just have no idea if it's 2 days or 10 weeks away.

Will it be any easier on the other side?

Great that you made it!  It's all gravy now.  Have really enjoyed this thread and best of luck!

Looking forward to the updates!

I thought I had updatd this already....guess not.

I've been wearing the uniform again for over 2 months, managed to get posted to Beautiful BC and I'm loving every minute of my new life here, other then missing my wife and family who are now more then 6000kms away.

All said and done it took over 2 months from notice I was selected for a career in the forces to the point I left for my new posting.  I think my CFRC might have had something to do with me going so far away, as it was just about the furthest they could send me(only kidding they were great and easy to deal with).

Completing OJT now and awaiting Courses in the fall, it's neat to now work for people I originally did basic with haah

yes sir,
congratulations :) - great thread, wicked how much you have overcome!  The poem on page one will be with me when I make it to bmq :) - great support and a great story, again - congratulations!

Back