• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My story, as it is today

SentryMAn

Inactive
Reaction score
I have wanted to serve my country since I was 16yo, I used to scare the wits out of my parents with my thoughts of fighting for my country and how if we ever went to war I would be the first in line to sign up.  I can not explain that drive but it has always been there(even before the Modern first person shooter type games, lol).  My Great grand father served, my Grand father was in WW2, my dad was in the navy, my Brother in the Army, Long history of those that serve in my family and not just in the military.

I originally placed an application for Full time Regular force in the Fall of 2007, lots of dramatic things happening in my life and I knew that joining the CF would bring me out of the drama and into a better life.  I then switched the application to Air Reserves.  I was pleasantly happy with this choice as it offered me full time regular force training but with minimal commitment when it came to work. In the Spring of 2008 I was enrolled and started working in the CF as a civilian.  Fall of that year I Completed Basic, then  Completed Phase 2, Completed phase 3, opted out of Phase 4 for a few reasons non of which are relevant now.  My training was completed in Spring 2009.  I was elated to return to my unit and be wearing the uniform, I was proud, my family proud.  Life long dream realized. 

I must say that I think the most proud moment I have had in my life to date was my graduation parade at Saint Jean.  I am even more proud of that commissioning scroll I received then my university degree, it has much more meaning to me then anything else.

Enter that Drama again, all of which lead me down the wrong path and I decided to take a full time position in civilian street where I thought I would be happier.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  I lasted 5 months with one company, another 8 months with another and I am currently with the third company since I left the forces.  My regret is not listening to my gut instinct and joining full time rather then exiting the forces.

So Fast forward to today, I've been out of the forces for awhile, under 2 years in total.  I have a full time application sent in for my chosen field, Air Logistics.  I know it's a longer road now then it was while I was still in but I hope to come out the other side wearing that uniform once again.

I am hopeful that positions open up and  I am chosen to pursue this vocation again.

I know the cards are stack against me but I will continue to try until I get in.

Gotta ask, why did you leave the reserves? You seemed like you were enjoying it, what changed?

SentryMAn said:
I originally placed an application for Full time Regular force in the Fall of 2007, lots of dramatic things happening in my life and I knew that joining the CF would bring me out of the drama and into a better life.  I then switched the application to Air Reserves.  I was pleasantly happy with this choice as it offered me full time regular force training but with minimal commitment when it came to work.

Have you managed to solve your dramas, and change the attitude of getting something you want with minimal effort? Something tells me that those things would hurt your chances of living a successful life.

Good luck! hope you'll get the position, your family must be very proud and happy for you specially your Granddaddy from WW2  :salute:

Sapplicant said:
Gotta ask, why did you leave the reserves? You seemed like you were enjoying it, what changed?
Have you managed to solve your dramas, and change the attitude of getting something you want with minimal effort? Something tells me that those things would hurt your chances of living a successful life.

I left since I was only reserves, I couldn't live on the wage and had to take a civi job to pay off some debts.  I was unable to do both.  I've found what I want to work hard for and have decided that Military service is my legacy to pursue.  The feeling has always been in my heart, but standing on Parade for Remembrance day brought it full on back into the forefront of my mind and pushed me even further into my conscious as to something that I've no longer want to do but something I need to do.  Since that day every day has been a little easier to tolerate at my civi job.  The Drama is gone for now(as far as I can tell anyway, lol)

camouflage said:
Good luck! hope you'll get the position, your family must be very proud and happy for you specially your Granddaddy from WW2  :salute:
He passed away before I graduated, I know he is watching over me and proud of everything I do.  My dad and Brother did attend my graduation and I can't express the feeling I had saluting them after graduation.

I'm crossing my fingers that some positions open up in April 2012

Oh sorry to hear that, yeah above his happy and proud for you  :salute: just think positive and break a leg!

Just a minor update,  Since I am a former member it is looking like the earliest I will get any type of call if a call at all for my chosen trades will be April 2012.  I was hoping that things would move faster then that but with anything Patience is a virtue.  I miss pulling that Uniform on each day.

They told me the earliest would be April 2012 and I just got my offer and joining instructions for a January BMQ so let's hope they are under promising with a plan to over deliver. It sounds to me like your motivations for joining are in the right place and I think all of us need some growing up at some stage of our lives and it sounds like you went through some growing pains and are now ready to work.

Good luck in the rest of your process!

divermc said:
They told me the earliest would be April 2012 and I just got my offer and joining instructions for a January BMQ so let's hope they are under promising with a plan to over deliver. It sounds to me like your motivations for joining are in the right place and I think all of us need some growing up at some stage of our lives and it sounds like you went through some growing pains and are now ready to work.

Good luck in the rest of your process!

Thanks for that, and Congrats on getting your letter! You'll do a smashing good job in Jan!

Keep your chin up, keep pushing forward and they will see that warrior spirit!

Just a quick update, haven't been on here in awhile but receiving an email that my application has been sent to my local recruitment center tickled me pink and brought a smile to my face.
It also reminded me that I haven't been here in awhile.

How about reviewing this handy bit of joining the infantry tid bit?
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/13318984/canadian-army-warrant-officer-forced-to-speak-in-public

haha, I've seen that before from a few friends but still cracks me up.

I don't want to be in the infantry, I'd rather support them. ;-)

Medical complete, Interview in August.  Progressing quicker then I expected.

Waiting....
was hoping to get in this round but had to have a PLA completed.  Have been waiting 7 weeks so far due to back log.  CFRC suggested that it could take upwards of 6 months.

Hurry up and wait.

Yes, File closed due to trade being closed.  My Plar took too long and the positions were filled.

So, back to re-applying in the new year.

Back