• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Just wanted to post that I finally found out from my CFRC that I got selected! Official offer is coming next week. I’m a recruit school bypass, so hopefully I’ll see you other lucky people on course in Aug!
Stay patient for those who haven’t heard, it’s coming! Been in the process since Aug 2016
✌🏻👊🏻

I heard yesterday I will hear my official offer next week as well ! Hopefully see everyone who goes to BMQ there and those who don't in August !

Good luck to everyone still in the process and I hope we hear of more people making it on here !

Got my offer today!!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. It is worth the wait!! 

Hey everyone, congratulations for those who got called and went to MPAC
I didn't..... so I'll keep on trucking.
Does anyone know when the next round will be, I REALLY HOPE I get the call :)

tEt2point0 said:
Hey does anyone know what kind of schedule I would be on while on OJE?

Depends on what det your posted at. Some are more lenient with the OJE and let you loose early or give you some good time off during sets but again, entirely up to the shift IC your given. As for what your shift will look like, you show up for regular shifts consisting of split days and nights where you work alongside Patrolmen and shadow their day to day duties.

I believe most dets are 2 days 3 nights 4 off, 3 days 2 nights 5 off 2 days 2 nights 5 off. And it just keeps recycling. Can be rough to get used to.

Hope this helps some.

coyote489 said:
Depends on what det your posted at. Some are more lenient with the OJE and let you loose early or give you some good time off during sets but again, entirely up to the shift IC your given. As for what your shift will look like, you show up for regular shifts consisting of split days and nights where you work alongside Patrolmen and shadow their day to day duties.

I believe most dets are 2 days 3 nights 4 off, 3 days 2 nights 5 off 2 days 2 nights 5 off. And it just keeps recycling. Can be rough to get used to.

Hope this helps some.

That helps a ton. Thank you. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be a mon-fri 9-5 gig. I’m doing my OJE in Kingston

Hey! What are regular shifts of MPs? Do they work 4 on 4 off as civilian police ?

coyote489 said:
I believe most dets are 2 days 3 nights 4 off, 3 days 2 nights, 5 off 2 days 2 nights 5 off. And it just keeps recycling. Can be rough to get used to.

This.

Okay I got it. I thought it was only for OJTs. One more question, how long is the QL3 now? The website says 6 months; however, some people say it was cut to 4 months. ???

QL3 is 91 training days, so approx 4.5 months, plus 4 additional days added afterwards for Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) training.

garb811 said:
QL3 is 91 training days, so approx 4.5 months, plus 4 additional days added afterwards for Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) training.
What do typical days look like during the course?

Ann123 said:
How busy are MPs? Do they get a call after a call like the RCMP ?

MP usually aren’t as busy as their civilian counterparts. It can definitely depend on where you are posted though. Some detachments will have a steady call volume and some will have no calls for days. MP jurisdiction is similar to policing a small town and therefore the volume won’t be as high as bigger city police forces.

meejye said:
What do typical days look like during the course?

The course will have Use of Force which consists of shooting, IARD, OC spray, self defence and such (the fun part), then there is the usual classroom days where you learn civilian and military laws along with how to perform your day to day police work ie. note taking, accident investigation, report writings etc. After this there is scenarios where you get to put all you have learned together and tackle situations hands on with a partner. So day to day varies quite significantly. But it will be the usual PT in the morning or inspections for indoc period. Academy time is usually 8-4 mon-fri depending on what you are doing, and weekends you will have free after 4 weeks if your good. During nights you will probably be studying or practicing drills, or at the H Club.... depends on the week I guess. Hope this gives you some insight.

Ann123 said:
How busy are MPs?

coyote489 said:
Some detachments will have a steady call volume and some will have no calls for days.

Ann123 said:
What would you do if there are no calls
at all? Just a random patrol ?

For reference to the discussion,

Call Volume 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/104516.0
OP: "How many calls would you average in a shift?"
OP "Just curious as to what would be the majority of calls an MP would receive, and what would they spend the most time on? Traffic? Assaults? Thefts etc."

coyote489 said:
MP usually aren’t as busy as their civilian counterparts. It can definitely depend on where you are posted though. Some detachments will have a steady call volume and some will have no calls for days. MP jurisdiction is similar to policing a small town and therefore the volume won’t be as high as bigger city police forces.

The course will have Use of Force which consists of shooting, IARD, OC spray, self defence and such (the fun part), then there is the usual classroom days where you learn civilian and military laws along with how to perform your day to day police work ie. note taking, accident investigation, report writings etc. After this there is scenarios where you get to put all you have learned together and tackle situations hands on with a partner. So day to day varies quite significantly. But it will be the usual PT in the morning or inspections for indoc period. Academy time is usually 8-4 mon-fri depending on what you are doing, and weekends you will have free after 4 weeks if your good. During nights you will probably be studying or practicing drills, or at the H Club.... depends on the week I guess. Hope this gives you some insight.
That’s awesome, thank you! I finish BMQ tomorrow and am just curious what to expect.... ql3 sounds much more  interesting than basic has been hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ann123 said:
What would you do if there are no calls
at all? Just a random patrol ?

Yes, go out and be proactive. Do traffic stops, patrol your areas and such. It’s also a great time to catch up on files you may have ongoing. Or.... go to the gym, drink Tim Hortons and or McDonald’s coffee  :D ..... being proactive keeps the day going by fast so that’s usually the better option.

Hi- I was successful with the MPAC- received an email letting me know.  I’ve had no calls or offers since.  In the meantime I was offered a trades position.  I plan on turning that down and waiting for an MP offer but I have no luck getting a recruitment officer to call me back.  Is it just a matter of waiting now for an MP offer to come or am I gambling by not taking the trade?  I have no idea about the military processes so any insight is greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone,

I have enrolment on the 3rd and start basic on the 15th.

Just wondering if there is any training between basic and MP Academy? Basic ends June 21 and I heard that the Academy will only start in August? Just wondering what I’d be doing between those times.

Also, when do they get you to list your preferred postings? How many choices do you get?

Congrats! You should be headed to BMQ-L, but given the shift of the start date of the QL3 to the left into July in order to accommodate SFST at the end of the QL3, it probably isn't going to happen and I'd guess you're going to be told to take leave or get sent somewhere for a brief OJE period. If that happens,  you should be sent on your BMQ-L shortly after arrival at your first posting.

You will get asked for your 3 potential choices not long after you start your QL3 but won't actually find out where you are posted until about a month before graduation.

Back