• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Dalton1985:
The date ranges for when you might have a BII if you are being looked at in Feb are a few posts up in this thread. You get asked for the supplementary info when your file is in Borden and they are starting to put the list of BII candidates together.

As for when invites go out, they usually start about two weeks before the interviews. It is possible to get an invite as little as 2-3 days in advance (maybe as little as the day before if you are local to the Borden area) though as they work their way through the list and have people not be able to make it or cancel at the last minute.

Thanks Garb811, I'm very close to Base Borden but 2 days of notice works for me. What kind of supplementary info do they request? Just wondering if there is anything that I can start gathering for them this saving me time and headaches. Do you know how many spots are available for this year?

I'm not exactly sure what they are looking for right now so would rather not steer you wrong.

It looks like all of the slots are filled for this year's intake plan, but the new numbers take effect on 1 April.

Right on, thanks for all the help! Anybody else waiting for BII on February? I heard it'll be in mid Feb

I remember before heading to MPOAC, they made sure my interview and medical were up to date. They also needed a driver's abstract from me.

But like Garb said, don't do the driver's abstract until they ask for it since it's only valid for a year from the requested date.

Dalton1985 said:
Right on, thanks for all the help! Anybody else waiting for BII on February? I heard it'll be in mid Feb

Waiting for Feb BII as well.

Heard from my local CRFC today that the dates are Feb. 16-17. Now I’m waiting to hear back about my nomination for this BII. Been in the process for almost a year and a half now. Hopefully all goes well and I hear good news by mid-end April.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I get the same email for BII. I applied back in June 2018 and it is a lengthy process but totally worth it. See you in Feb!

Good morning everybody I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Do they contact your current employer prior to the BII? Is just that i would like to give them a heads up because when the phone rings and they don't recognize the number they just answer it and hang up right away.

2. After successful completion of the BII your name goes to Ottawa against other applicants, how long is your BII good for if you do not get an offer on the first group? How long do they keep you on that list until they drop it off?

Thanks in advance!

Dalton1985 said:
Good morning everybody I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Do they contact your current employer prior to the BII? Is just that i would like to give them a heads up because when the phone rings and they don't recognize the number they just answer it and hang up right away.

2. After successful completion of the BII your name goes to Ottawa against other applicants, how long is your BII good for if you do not get an offer on the first group? How long do they keep you on that list until they drop it off?

Thanks in advance!

1. I'm pretty sure they have contacted your current and past employers prior to BII. Once you go through the interview, you'll understand that - whether or not they called beforehand, they can do so afterwards. So in saying that, if it's not a conflict of interest, inform your place of work to expect calls about your employment record and stuff.

2. I was told my MPOAC/BII was valid for 2 years.

Dalton1985 said:

I am waiting for the February MPAC as well. Hoping to get chosen for it. I spoke to my recruiter last week. He stated they should be getting the list this week of chosen candidates and they will call me if my name is on the list.

It seems the wait is different for everyone. My buddy is doing QL3 right now and his process took about a year and a half. It's all based on your how competitive you are in line with other applicants. If others apply that are more qualified, then you get bumped down the list and you will get your chance when your turn comes up. It's very anxious as you wait a long time to finally get the job but, I have learned to cope with the anxiety over time. I am just waiting for my chance to prove that I am worthy candidate. Fingers crossed until then. lol

Thanks guys that's really helpful, It is indeed a very anxious process but totally worth it. Hopefully I get the call for the BII in Feb as well. Best of luck to all.

Hello current and future MPs. I got my MPAC invitation for Feb 16-17. Anyone else is going from Vancouver BC?

Congrats, hopefully a few more invitations to folks posting here will be coming shortly.

Congrats V1994, hopefully I get to see you there as well. Did you get a phone call or an email?

Dalton1985 said:
Congrats V1994, hopefully I get to see you there as well. Did you get a phone call or an email?

Thank you! I got an email from them. Have you got yours?

Not yet but from what I've read in the thread if you live near Borden you could receive the invitation almost the day before so I'll keep my hopes up until the 15th. 

I'm still waiting also, but being an OT my process is obviously a bit different,  a friend of mine found out two days before his interview that he need to be in Borden for it so I'm expecting the same thing.

Ann123 said:
Hi. How high are the chances to get a job offer after the BII? I’m assuming that if they already made that selection and asked you to come to Borden, they see you as a pretty much hired MP. Or they fail a number of candidates during the BII ?

Don't worry about being hired, just prepare yourself to be the best candidate you can. Answer truthfully - you owe it to yourself. Things like shouldn't be faked, you'll just end up hating it.

Ann123 said:
Well, the whole point of the process is getting hired, isn’t it ?

The military places a lot of emphasis on ethics. There's a line between selling yourself with the hopes of getting hired and placing "getting hired" above all else. Where's the line? Your reply indicates you're already (at least thinking) of what you can omit and/or substitute in order to make sure you absolutely get that job offer. That's not the way to go into it. I understand rejection and/or failure very, very well. It hurts. But I'd much rather have a clear conscience. Take Sephur's advice. 

Back