• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Modular Fighting Rigs: CF seeking 3 combos, 1600-1800 each

I'm curious as to how they're going to score the characteristics of each one of the MFRs against each other, seeing as how the trial participants will only be getting to use one particular version, rather than get a chance to use all 3 systems in training and operations.

All MFRs and associated pouches will likely score leagues above the current issue Tac-Vest, but the whole purpose of this trial is to identify a set of characteristics (other than being modular) which will be specified for the eventual (read 5-10 year timeframe) replacement of the tac-vest.  i.e.  Will it be a 1-piece chest rig, or a 2 piece MAV looking thing, or will it have different front setups and different back setups?  How do you decide what style of rig you're going to go with, or pouch design when they're all scoring 3-4/5 on a survey sheet because the only thing the user has to compare against is the Tac-Vest.

This would sort of be like holding an ice cream judging contest wherby you get 3 people to participate who've only ever had vanilla ice cream before.  You sit them down individually in a room and let each one of them try only one type of ice cream:  Rocky Road, Neopolitan, or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  Then you take their test scores and try to decide which ice cream is the best.  Kind of hard to do without having let the testers try each one of the flavours, right?

As far as the kit being returned at the end of the trial, I have a feeling that a significant amount of what is issued to the troops will be accounted for as 'combat losses' when it comes time to turn the stuff in.  ;)

Today B Coy 1 VP was issued TT MAV "rifleman kits". Looks like exactly what was previously outlined in the MFR RD from Feburary, with the additon of CTOMS slim line med pouches.

R031button said:
Today B Coy 1 VP was issued TT MAV "rifleman kits". Looks like exactly what was previously outlined in the MFR RD from Feburary, with the additon of CTOMS slim line med pouches.
Fire off some pics?

sorry, was waiting until I was allowed to play with it before I posted pictures
markscamera088.jpg

markscamera089.jpg

The two Tac Tailor shingles are hidden behind an ATS pouch I use for comms stuff (not issued, I put it and was too tired of molle to take it off for the picture), but you can pretty much see it all on there. CTOMS Slimline is fantastic, probably a much better use of the Snap Dragon buckle then for anything you're going to have to do up in a hurry.
markscamera090.jpg

markscamera093.jpg

Frankly I'm very impressed the army actually looked into different pouches from different manufacturers rather then a mass buy from one company.

R031button said:

How much leeway are you guys given to customize your rig setups, or is there going to be a 'battalion/company standard' layout for specific weapons types?

If you or any of the other guys that were issued these are interested in a bib/admin pouch that'll work with the 2 piece MAV, let me know and I'll get you some information on something I'm working on.

Cheers,

Matt

I won't comment on standardization for fear of jinxing it.

Back