• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My chest rig

tacsit said:
Kevin, thanks for the kind words. I readily admit I still suffer at times from the impetuousness of youth... that what I need you old timers for, to put me in my place ;). BTW, did you get my e-mail on MWS and barrel lengths? Sent it out about a week or so ago.
;D No problem man.

I did not get the email.

I will point out that most of the recce Pl 031's on Roto II are using aftermarket chestrigs - why - the TV is useless for the role.

tacsit i don't know what type of job(s) you have but this is what i'm thinking...

"Your an international hitman, and can be deployed anywhere in the world within 48 hours. So you get a call from an unknown man saying that a billionaire oil tycon in texas needs to be taken out. He is vactioning in the deep woods of northern ontario, and needs to be taken out with no evidence. So you choose a HALO entry at night and set up an outpost on a ridge waiting for him to show in the morning. The tycon heads out in the morning and you take one aimed shot and your job is done. Now you have to lug 9 mags minus one round, 2 frags, and two smoke nades 20 k back to your extraction point."

That would be a kicka$$ job

and then when you get on the subway to kill your last target for the night some black taxi cab driver shoots you because his girlfriend was in fact, the last hit.

For Tacist:
Its obvious you have some talent WRT the kit you make, and you might do better for the US commercial market (a la ebay etc) or take your ideas to the appropiate CF avenue for evaluation as you might get a SF interest generated there, and hence make a name for yourself, along with a bundle of cash.

Regards,

Wes

Are you kidding me?  It could only be a HAHO entry, don't want them to hear that canopy opening do we?

brin11 said:
Are you kidding me?   It could only be a HAHO entry, don't want them to hear that canopy opening do we?

Ahhh...  ^-^

Wesley H. Allen said:
Its obvious you have some talent WRT the kit you make, and you might do better for the US commercial market (a la ebay etc) or take your ideas to the appropiate CF avenue for evaluation as you might get a SF interest generated there, and hence make a name for yourself, along with a bundle of cash.

Indeed, your talent is being wasted here.

Not to hijack the thread but if i can throw in a comment regarding this thread and a few others;

I think it might be important to point out to the new recruits that having the best highspeed kit won't make you a good soldier.
Having good kit makes a good soldier better. You need to effectivly use the stuff your issued first.

Imagine the best running shoes money can buy on an overweight amatur runner.  Not going to make much of a difference eh?

Guys who rely too much on their kit end up being pulled out of the field by it. Guys who have all this highspeed kit hanging off them and don't know how to use it look retarded.

Ghost - excellent point.

I get caught up in kit rants now and then - but I will point out that I have a few years doing this.  (Mo 87-94 then Patrica's...)

Kit is a tool - however w/o the proper skillsets it is useless.  It may make your job/task easier but it will never do that for you - you have to do it yourslf and have both the intestinal fortitude and job knowledge to do it.

Definitely a good point made by both Ghost778 and KevinB. Since May till now I've spent about $5000 on training. That's both gunfighting skills and combatives. I've spent maybe $500 on gear. That is the kind of ratio you want to have. A warrior does not rely on equipment as a crutch, he uses what he must to achieve his mission, whatever it may be. A higly trained warrior with a ratty old AK will defeat a half-trained conscript with a tricked out M4 any day of the week.

Since May till now I've spent about $5000 on training. That's both gunfighting skills and combatives. I've spent maybe $500 on gear. That is the kind of ratio you want to have.

This is money you've spent as a civilian right?

Hello,  there is no substitute for practice...and live firing at the range...after 25 years in and still current I go through approx 20-30000 rounds downrage each year out of my own pocket...ya I am a range whore :dontpanic:

Nice kit you have...now spend your money on bullets and practice some more. ;D

Cheers
Popurhedoff

You've been in the army as long as I've been alive Popurhedoff , cheers :)

Ghost778 said:
You've been in the army as long as I've been alive Popurhedoff , cheers :)

Airforce  ;D

Cheers, Pat good to see you here.

Back