• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mk III Combat Boots: Use, Maintenance & Other Stuff.

I actually put the buff brush in the freezer all day, and this seemed to help a bit.

I can't believe how many people don't like the Mark III's!  The Black Caddi's are the most comfortable thing I've had on my feet in a long time.  I personly don't like the WWB.  They are too warm and not near enough support for marches.  As far as socks, it's all personal preference.  I love the issue grey wools for day to day use, and for marches I put on the black/green sock system.  Haven't had a single blister yet.  Breaking in my boots I just wore them a lot, making sure I switched them every day.  A lot of guys I know had a favorite pair, and now when they wear the other pair they are paying for it.  One thing I found is the boots tend to stretch after a while, so if they are bit tight I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Just a note,

Res F personnel must turn in all of their kit upon release (including next-to-skin and all footwear). Yes, we punch them then throw them out if they can't be re-issued. Also any Reg F pers with less than 1 year of service must turn in all of their kit (less next-to-skin) as well. Only Reg F pers with more than 1 year get their boots punched and retain them. The poster who is now with the RCMP, has a Loyal Eddy cap badge posted, so I am assuming he was Res F based on that and that would explain why the boots went in the dumpster....nothing untoward there....just the Sup Tech doing their job.
IC Clothing

Ive found that using a coat or two of danner boot dressing is great for the boots. use the danner first, then just polish as normal with kiwi black and a boot brush. danner is a great waterproofer, and the kiwi keeps a decent looking buffed shine.

Well..

It may not matter as I may be exchanging these boots.  There is a defect in the inner part at the heel.  The boats are wearable but can occasionally be uncomfortable.  The liner was not glued down properly at the heel and subsquently starts to curl towards the toe, thus causing a lump in the insole.

Now do we have a photo of the Combat GS MK III Black boots? I could never figure out the names of the different ones. So I want to edcate myself...I know it sounds silly for a Senior Cpl to be asking such a question.. meh... any help folks?  :-[

Okay...never mind folks... seek and you shall find out the hard way. LoL...

I just got issued some MKIII and while breaking them in; they've gotten some dings, around the toe. And a few scuffs. The dings i'm worried will grow ( they're about the size of a nail head now. ) Any tips on getting rid of the scuffs or repairing the dings?

Okay, here's a silly question.  I've got a pair of combat boots that I was issued a couple of years ago.  The one boot lace started to wear through at the one eyelet, and it snapped on me tonight as I was taking the boots off.

What does one do for replacement laces for combat boots?  Buy a pair of black boot laces from a shoe store?  Go to clothing stores and ask for a new pair of laces?

SEDieter said:
Go to clothing stores and ask for a new pair of laces?

Yes, ask for a couple and keep a spare set in your ruck.

Thanks Mike.  I'll see if the Regimental RQ has any extra sets and if not, I'll hit clothign stores.

I'm sorry for reposting as I had a brainfart and didn't bother to look for helpful threads.  Anyways, I made a post about the sweat stains that occur on the outsides of my boots.  How can I prevent this? 

Any one know how to identify the different models and version of the boots ?
I got a old pair from the surplus store for cadets. Any help would be great , thanks.  ;D

PteGDD said:
I'm sorry for reposting as I had a brainfart and didn't bother to look for helpful threads.  Anyways, I made a post about the sweat stains that occur on the outsides of my boots.  How can I prevent this? 

Wipe the stains with vinegar prior to polishing.

I have a simple question, is there a certain way of lacing up mklll combat boots? I was just issued my mklll a few days ago and didn't like how it was laced up, i was thinking about doing criss cross lacing.... would that be ok?

I will assume that you have joined the Army.  Therefore, I will assume that you have been given an example how to lace your boots.  Your boots are part of a uniform.  'Uniform' is the key word here.  To be uniform while wearing the Uniform, you must look like everyone else dressed in the same Uniform.  Uniformity is what is the order of the day here.  So you do not stand out as an individual, and get shyte upon from dizzying heights or marked by the enemy in combat, you will dress like everyone else.  Perhaps the simplest answer is the best: "No!"

Back