• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mk III Combat Boots: Use, Maintenance & Other Stuff.

I still use boot blackener (Which is apparently still in the system), works good enough for me and anyone who's done my inspections.

Hairspray worked for me. Just do not set them down when still wet. And only do it if others are. You will find out quickly if this is bad practice in the eyes of your instructor. For the sake of your floors, do not use Kiwi.

Just got on this forum and noticed someone was taking the piss out of the our boots...at the time there was quite a few styles going around due to the silly defence cutbacks at the time...plus we were trying to find a boot that was "universal" for all our needs....unfortunately we got stuck with the "Terra combat boot" ....also known as the "Terror" and the "Blood Bucket"....since they were waterproof suede ...with drain holes...that constantly clogged up

AustralianNavyGuy said:
Just got on this forum and noticed someone was taking the piss out of the our boots...at the time there was quite a few styles going around due to the silly defence cutbacks at the time...plus we were trying to find a boot that was "universal" for all our needs....unfortunately we got stuck with the "Terra combat boot" ....also known as the "Terror" and the "Blood Bucket"....since they were waterproof suede ...with drain holes...that constantly clogged up

Any photos? (of the boots, not your bleeding stumps of course  ;D)

daftandbarmy said:
Any photos? (of the boots, not your bleeding stumps of course  ;D)

The RAAF and the Aus Army have 8 boots to choose from (some are purchase-only) all in light tan for both flying and non-flying operational uniform.  The RAN, as far as I can tell, have just a black all-leather boot that has lace-in zippers attached as standard. 

I've also been issued the old RAAF black flying boot for some reason.  It was pretty telling that the supply person said "it's crap, but I have to give it to you.  Take it or leave it."  I left it.

lol im part of the Hydrographical Office so we get the Terra's ....though i must admit i kinda "nicked" a pair of the hot weather RAT boots...you know those lovely built like a tank boots the marines have now :p
The black zippered boots RAN get are'nt too bad actually.....once you get a better inner sole they are a dream and,for steel caps,don't feel too front heavy
I could get some pictures of my old Terra's...took me 2 years to finally break them into the right shape for my foot......and all the foamy midsole wore back :(

Back