• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mission Editor

josh54243

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, but I'm intrigued on how this works...

It's a new feature. In a nutshell, it allows users to add and edit new missions. There is a bit more to come, but I thought I'd roll it out as is and get the ball rolling. :)

Quick bug with this feature, the dropdown menu for adding missions blocks out any AOR before FOB Martello for me. Is it limited in how many results it can return?

EDIT: PS, sorry for spamming my milpoints, just getting a feel of how the editor determines mission costs. I'll share my findings.

PuckChaser said:
Quick bug with this feature, the dropdown menu for adding missions blocks out any AOR before FOB Martello for me. Is it limited in how many results it can return?

That's actually by design... you can't create missions for locations prior to Rank 20, which is where FOB Martello opens up. I might be inclined to change that, but the early stages of the game are already carefully balanced and I'm concerned that posting a bunch of new low Rank missions will upset that.

So the missions we create are available to all, not just the player who created it?

Mike Bobbitt said:
That's actually by design... you can't create missions for locations prior to Rank 20, which is where FOB Martello opens up. I might be inclined to change that, but the early stages of the game are already carefully balanced and I'm concerned that posting a bunch of new low Rank missions will upset that.

Makes total sense to me!

NinerSix: Mission you create get submitted to Mike for approval, and then he allows them to be seen by all.

That's it exactly. Furthermore, there will (eventually) be rewards based on how much other users play your missions. My plan is to make most of those rewards (if not all) retroactive, so don't hold back. :)

Thanks for adding this feature Mike.  It adds some excellent new ideas to the missions.

Paul

Hmmmm.....I saw the  option, not sure if it'll work for me right now.  I'll see what happens!

Mike

May I suggest that "Clear the trench system near the White School" in PASHMUL be amended to use ball ammo vice blank.

Cheers

Paul

Is there a way to have a news message show up whenever a new mission is approved? IE: "New mission available in the xxxxxxxx region."

Fun times! Question though.

The mission difficulty in the editor is between 1-120. I arbitrarily chose 75, because it sounded kind of hard. Is there a way to translate this difficulty parameter into CR vs. CE?

edit:spelling

I did a quick check, and at level 20, with Difficulty 0 you get 20 CR 63 CE, Difficulty 60 is 20 CR 71 CE, Difficulty 120 is 20 CR 78 CE. Your CE will also go up when you add in items required for the missions, but by how much is a mystery.

PuckChaser said:
I did a quick check, and at level 20, with Difficulty 0 you get 20 CR 63 CE, Difficulty 60 is 20 CR 71 CE, Difficulty 120 is 20 CR 78 CE. Your CE will also go up when you add in items required for the missions, but by how much is a mystery.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. A little surprise and mystery is nice to have I guess!

3VP Highlander said:
Mike

May I suggest that "Clear the trench system near the White School" in PASHMUL be amended to use ball ammo vice blank.

Cheers

Paul

WOW!  Did I pooch that one.  :-[

Mike, can you please change the 6 x "240x 5.56mm Blank" to 3 x "220x 5.56mm Ball (Linked)"; keeps the cost the same.

Thanks.

3VP Highlander said:
Mike

Cheers

Paul

Thanks, clearly there's a part of the approval process that's broken... me! ;)

There is a fairly complex set of equations used to determine a mission's CE based on factors such as rank, difficulty and equipment used... I won't expose the details yet, as it sort of takes the fun out of mission editing. Difficulty also affects your chance of success of course.

You may recall a while ago I adjusted the CE earned for all missions... this was to bring them in line with the calculated values for the mission editor.

Mike

Ammo for Help Special conduct an assassination mission in Triploi, Libya shoudl alsobe amended to Ball versus blank.  I would not not want to do a SOF msn with blanks.    A minor error in selecting the ammo.

Paul

Back