• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Millennials leading increased Remembrance Day attendance

Thucydides said:
On a more positive note, it is warming to see an increase in Millennials (or indeed anyone) attending Remembrance day ceremonies, and it certainly goes against a lot of decades worth of anti-war and anti military "narrative", so the fact people are slowly rejecting the narrative is good to know.

Excellent quote from your namesake, but I have a bit of a different view on how young Canadians view Nov 11. I don't think the current interest is completely new. When I was still in uniform, at least as far back as the late 90's, Remembrance Day speakers were in big demand at schools wherever I was posted.  For example, in the 416-905 (that shocking hive of unpatriotic, multiculturalist, urban latte-sipping elites and whiny self-absorbed suburbanites), I never spoke at a single school where we were not treated with respect and attentiveness by students and staff alike. It was always a great spirit refresher.

Back