• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MilHist: The Military History app for iOS

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm pleased to announce the third instalment in the Army.ca app series. :) Military History allows you to browse over 1,200 entries to see what significant events happened "on this day" in history. Search by date or phrase, post directly to twitter integration and easily navigate forwards or backwards through time.

View in iTunes

Also available:

Enjoy!
Mike

I take it that this is not available for my Blackberry?

Nah....that would be like trying to open it on my Commadore 64...... :)

Cool, Mike.

How convenient, as I just unboxed my new iPhone.  First purchased app.  :)  Is it possible to make the day's events show up in the notification centre?

:salute:

Mike Bobbitt said:
... and easily navigate forwards or backwards through time.

Cool feature.  8)

But I have to ask, how did you come up with that ability, when Einstein himself was stumped on the whole time travel thing? ;D

Nothing to it, once you throw a flux capacitor into the ol' DeLorean.....  :nod:

Journeyman said:
Nothing to it, once you throw a flux capacitor into the ol' DeLorean.....  :nod:

Funny you should mention that. Several times over the past year on my way to and from work  I've had a Delorean drive by me in the opposite direction. And the gut has it done up to look like the Back to The Future car.

abc, notifications are on the feature list for a possible future release.

This looks great!  I don't even want to think about how much work it must have been.  Amid all the frivolous apps out there, here's one that would actually be worth downloading.

I know you said earlier you have no plans for an Android launch in the near future, but if you're taking requests for same, count me in. 

bridges said:
I know you said earlier you have no plans for an Android launch in the near future, but if you're taking requests for same, count me in.

I'd be in for an Android ver as well.

Back