• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

May BMOQ?

Jayson Wonder said:
Drive by posting? What a joke, grow up man. Why so sensitive. Perhaps if you were Stephen Harper or Peter MacKay, I could see you talking offence. I do not recall making an attack on any member of the CF.

No I do not claim to know all the internal facts or challenges. I was making a comment for discussion and a humble observation as an outsider.

When I made the comment about additional training and challenges in increasing CF new members, that would obviously include all of the realted challenges that would come with that such as instructors, facilities and resources, etc. Obviously there is a deeper concern and that is the overall point of the post. As a Canadian citizens / non members we have a right to desire and expect more from the system as well. Considering our tax dollars help to fund the CF we have a right to comment on the state of affiars.

I thought this was a discussion forum where is was ok to make comments for further dialouge and ask questions to gain a greater insight. Seems like if you do post what certain people want you get jumped on. A bit small minded and un welcoming don't you think.

Not all posters here are members or have the inside info. Perhaps the forum should only be for existing members with a certain level of internal / CF knowledge.

Clearly someone was offended by my statement and this was not my intent. I respect all who serve.

I do hope people are a bit more calm, level headed and actually willing to help as opposed to shoot down persons lacking knowledge in the actually CF. One reason I wanted to join was for the team spirit and hope new members don't get smacked down each time they display mild ignorance.

Have a great day.

As others have stated, the system is taking on as many candidates as quickly as it possibly can.  The problem is, well everything!  We have finally been given a mandate to increase our size, but we dont have the infrastructure to support rapid overnight growth.  I have no doubt that there can be minor tweaks and improvements along the way, but, as far as I see it, St Jean is a factory right now.  It is producting NCMs and Officers at unprecedented rates.

The other thing to consider is the trades training.  You may get a spot on BMOQ or BMQ, but the trades training may not be available for quite some time because each trade, and each school is going through the same problem.  Simply not enough infrastructure, be it personel or materiel to make things happen as fast as we would like them to.

I sometimes think, that many, even those of us within the CF who are aware of how bad the 90s hurt us, are fully aware of exactly HOW BAD we got hurt.  We are still bleeding from those wounds.

George Wallace said:
;D

Probably easier, especially if ordered in advance, than getting off for the weekend. 

;D

You mean our instructors don't want us cruising through Montreal streets, checking out girls on the weekends?

koopa said:
You mean our instructors don't want us cruising through Montreal streets, checking out girls on the weekends?

Is that a joke?

For the first 4-5 weeks you will be on lockdown.  Meaning you work weekends.  Part of their attempt at providing you with military indoctrination.  After that, I THINK you are eligible for weekends off.  However, each week they will threaten to take it away from you if something goes wrong, so in essence you are never guarenteed to have a weekend off.

koopa said:
Woah.. tough crowd

Forgive my apparent lack of humour. It's hard to tell when you are kidding through text and I assume nothing when it comes to questions like that because stupider ones have been asked here. On topic, I can't think of a car rental place near CFLRS. Someone on your course will have a car, and/or the buses are cheap, so save your money.

ltmaverick25 said:
For the first 4-5 weeks you will be on lockdown.  Meaning you work weekends.  Part of their attempt at providing you with military indoctrination.  After that, I THINK you are eligible for weekends off.  However, each week they will threaten to take it away from you if something goes wrong, so in essence you are never guarenteed to have a weekend off.

Yes on mine I got locked down two weekends in a row, once alone for losing my key and once again with my buddies for using that spare locker in our bedroom to store extra clothing. Man were our drawers ever neatly organized until that fateful day...

In the end we had a good laugh about it with the instructors 6 weeks later. But as ltmaverick said, the key word is eligible. Don't bank on it.

benny88 said:
Forgive my apparent lack of humour. It's hard to tell when you are kidding through text and I assume nothing when it comes to questions like that because stupider ones have been asked here. On topic, I can't think of a car rental place near CFLRS. Someone on your course will have a car, and/or the buses are cheap, so save your money.

I found one online in St. Jean but I guess that could be anywhere in the area. Also, up until a week ago I was expecting to have my car there but got totaled

ltmaverick25 said:
.  However, each week they will threaten to take it away from you if something goes wrong, so in essence you are never guarenteed to have a weekend off.

This must making reserve ahead of time fun.

logairoff said:
Hello everyone,

I was recently merit listed and after a chat with my cfrc I was told that there were 3 dates open for BMOQ that they were putting people into. May 4, 11 and 18. I was also notified that these are currently full and I would be looking at august as the next date for BMOQ. Can someone confirm this? and is anyone here going on one of these dates?

I can confirm those dates are true, saw the course plots through my boss last week. 3 Anglo courses and 2 Franco courses this summer, all officers, no recruits at St Jean this summer from what I've heard. I'm on the 18 May - 28 Aug course and quite excited for it. Coming in as Air Log...anyone else on this course?

From what I've heard, all the courses will be pretty full as there are all the 1st year RMC students to put through, all the CMR students, and all the Civvy-U students who have not yet done BMOQ as well. Also those who have been re-coursed, CT'd, UTP'd, CFR'd etc are also being squeezed in. Should be a good summer.

Hi everyone,

I was merit list earlier this month as Navy Log officer (reg forces) and was also told that May BMOQ sessions were full.

I am waiting for confirmation on the August ones... Anybody has any infos ?

Thanks

benny88 said:

There is a car rental place called Bonne Route that is near CFLRS. I rented a car from them one weekend...I believe it was $45/day plus tax, plus gas.

A bus from St. Jean to Montreal is only $8.25, though, so if that's where you are headed, it's much better (on your wallet) to go with the public transportation.

So I've been told that I will be loaded on one of the three May BMOQs.  No word yet on which one however.  I'm one of the ROTP candidates at Civilian U with a full year of subsidization under my belt.

I'm applying as MARS, it will be curious to find out when NOAB fits into all of this.  I've been told that since it's part of the application, it happens before BMOQ, but that seems like a fairly tight squeeze to me, especially if I'm loaded onto a May 4th billet.

I recall reading that there are over 600 new officer cadets this year on ROTP.

How many can they fit onto one course?

Multiple serials all starting at the same time.

Corey Darling said:
I recall reading that there are over 600 new officer cadets this year on ROTP.

How many can they fit onto one course?

5 serials running (all starting between 4 May and 18 May), each have two platoons of roughly 60 men/women each = 620 spots

Should be a fun time the first few weeks in may :)

By the way, 18 May is Victoria Day...anyone know how they are working around that one?

Celticgirl said:
There is a car rental place called Bonne Route that is near CFLRS. I rented a car from them one weekend...I believe it was $45/day plus tax, plus gas.

A bus from St. Jean to Montreal is only $8.25, though, so if that's where you are headed, it's much better (on your wallet) to go with the public transportation.

Thanks! You are awesome

I'm going 11 May-21 Aug it looks like, not sure how many Anglo serials are starting up at this time, but I'm in one of them!

trentonmilwife said:
By the way, 18 May is Victoria Day...anyone know how they are working around that one?

Hard to say, we had the long weekend off, but this was during BOTP where we had no Indoctrination Stage. I think I recall seeing something about long weekends during Indoc for BMQ/IAP on here somewhere, try a search it should come up.

trentonmilwife said:

"Stat holliday" doesn't mean that the military shuts down.

Has anyone received word yet on if we need to order up and bring our kit (helmet, mask, boots, etc) to BMOQ?

Or are we supposed to hold off, and we'll be issued it once we arrive?  I gather there is a message coming out soon which will mention it. It seems the west coast is the last to receive these messages, so has anyone heard yet?

Thanks

Back