• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mass Stabbings in Saskatchewan- Sept 4/2022

YZT580

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

RCMP looking for suspects after 10 dead, 15 injured in stabbings in Saskatchewan. (Canadian Press)​

I know this has been said before but when are they going to ban knives, swords, axes etc.?

RCMP looking for suspects after 10 dead, 15 injured in stabbings in Saskatchewan. (Canadian Press)​

I know this has been said before but when are they going to ban knives, swords, axes etc.?
Will be interesting to see how many of the suspects, once identified, will be registered Gun owners?

Damn! Lots of family/friends in Saskatoon and area.

Two suspects, on the lam, son in law is on the PRT and on standby the way to go help find them.

Two suspects, on the lam, son in law is on the PRT and on standby the way to go help find them.
“PRT”? Is that a provincial relief team? Or a typo on Emergency Response Team?

That area’s very rural. Small, spread out detachments. Not a lot of Mounties close at hand. Each crime scene will need to be held, plus all the canvassing of witnesses and investigative support. And then normal policing still has to happen too. They’re gonna be scraping members from all over the place.

Last edited:
Three STARS air ambulances were dispatched to James Smith Cree Nation starting at around 6 a.m. CT Sunday.

An RCMP alert was first issued at 7:12 a.m

Regina Police said the suspects were seen around 11:20 a.m.

So the killings occurred prior to 6 a.m.

When everybody is tucked up in their beds?

I’ve seen QRT, QRF, and PRT attached to the containment/public order/ extra body teams.

That area’s very rural. Small, spread out detachments. Not a lot of Mounties close at hand. Each crime scene will need to be held, plus all the canvassing of witnesses and investigative support. And then normal policing still has to happen too. They’re gonna be scraping members from all over the place.

It’s a force generator.

“The initiative includes Saskatchewan Highway Patrol Officers and Ministry of Environment Conservation Officers, and police officers from the RCMP, Saskatoon Police Service, Prince Albert Police Service, Regina Police Service, Moose Jaw Police Service, Estevan Police Service, and the Weyburn Police Service.”

Reserves don’t really have a quiet time. Two of my murders this year were 5-6am at ongoing parties.

That’s not unlike most places- but you’d be surprised at the foot traffic at all hours. Can’t read anything into times in some places

Provincial Response Team, it may just be a colloquial name, draws from all the decent sized detachments to go all over the place stomping on fires.

Gotcha, thanks, makes sense. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see the Tactical Troops (public order units- not ‘SWAT’ tactical teams) from a few provinces mobilized to provide bodies for relief coverage.

I sincerely hope that these two are caught ASAP,

What the hell caused them to do this? Stabbing is up close and personal and not many people are capable of it unless under extreme duress.

I sincerely hope that these two are caught ASAP,

What the hell caused them to do this? Stabbing is up close and personal and not many people are capable of it unless under extreme duress.
I have two lawnmower stories from two decades ago. Both driven by meth.

One where rival gang members broke into a 16 year olds bedroom with a lawnmower and put their hand into the blade. The room was painted, got them mid incident. Yelling commands over the lawnmower blades screaming.

And another where a bunch of meth enthusiasts had an overturned lawnmower in their living room and they were trying to all stick their fingers in- if they timed it well their fingers would stop the blades, if they didn’t they lost a tip or a chunk. Moving through that house listening to the blades and the yelling will never leave my head.

Meth use and using bags of fuel as inhalants. It isnt often I’m shocked at what people mixed with meth will do- I know you know that from your work. You just reminded me.

Gotcha, thanks, makes sense. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see the Tactical Troops (public order units- not ‘SWAT’ tactical teams) from a few provinces mobilized to provide bodies for relief coverage.
He works out of the Redwater AB DET, but has been all over, the church lockdown in West Ed, The border crossing down south during the winter of our discount tent, the travelling Pope show, etc.

He works out of the Redwater AB DET, but has been all over, the church lockdown in West Ed, The border crossing down south during the winter of our discount tent, the travelling Pope show, etc.
Sure he’s not with Tac Troop?

Back