• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mass Stabbings in Saskatchewan- Sept 4/2022

RIP
52337317843_1b81649cd2_z.jpg

Reshared by Leanne Sanders, from APTN, not their family. Many people there on the reserve with last name Sanders. I think media changed their names to Sanderson.

It’s a reserve in rural Saskatchewan. If you think there weren’t a lot of firearms around, you’re woefully naive. This happened in the early morning hours; I won’t be surprised if we end up hearing many victims were sleeping when they were attacked.
Plus the fact that unless a victim screams/yells knives are silent.

Approx 04:30 until around 05:30 is the witching hour. Most people are either in deep sleep or REM sleep. It's the favourite time for burglars and never do wells. Most reserve homes I'm familiar with are single level, small footprint places. Likely all the same layout. 2-3 bedroom places. The persons would have been familiar with the layouts and took little time from forced entry to the act. Surprise and familiarity were probably the biggest factors in their success. Just me spitballing.

Approx 04:30 until around 05:30 is the witching hour. Most people are either in deep sleep or REM sleep. It's the favourite time for burglars and never do wells. Most reserve homes I'm familiar with are single level, small footprint places. Likely all the same layout. 2-3 bedroom places. The persons would have been familiar with the layouts and took little time from forced entry to the act. Surprise and familiarity were probably the biggest factors in their success. Just me spitballing.
Probably not many doors locked, either.

So the media is starting to ask questions about transparency from the RCMP. They (RCMP) seem to falling back to speaking lots but saying nothing.

One of the folks on my Rider Gameday Hosting Team is ex RCMP and we were discussing RCMP Media Relations. “A house would be burning behind us and we would not confirm that it was an actual house on fire. Only that the local temperature was higher than average.”😉

So the media is starting to ask questions about transparency from the RCMP. They (RCMP) seem to falling back to speaking lots but saying nothing.

One of the folks on my Rider Gameday Hosting Team is ex RCMP and we were discussing RCMP Media Relations. “A house would be burning behind us and we would not confirm that it was an actual house on fire. Only that the local temperature was higher than average.”😉
What exactly are they expecting? Emergency alerts went out quick and repeatedly. There have been periodic pressers with updates, but there’s likely not a whole ton yet to say. One suspect is still outstanding and they’re undoubtedly throwing everything they have at finding him- but hiding, for at least a time, isnMt always that hard.

I suspect the media would love to have all kinds of additional sensational details, but frig, it’s only been 36 hours and this is a colossal case. The investigative team needs to be given room to assemble itself and do its job.

Right now the public needs necessary information to keep people safe and to generate leads. Anything else is likely too early.

What exactly are they expecting? Emergency alerts went out quick and repeatedly. There have been periodic pressers with updates, but there’s likely not a whole ton yet to say. One suspect is still outstanding and they’re undoubtedly throwing everything they have at finding him- but hiding, for at least a time, isnMt always that hard.

I suspect the media would love to have all kinds of additional sensational details, but frig, it’s only been 36 hours and this is a colossal case. The investigative team needs to be given room to assemble itself and do its job.

Right now the public needs necessary information to keep people safe and to generate leads. Anything else is likely too early.
We were commenting on how quickly information is passed to the public in the United States vice the total lockdown here in Canada. There has to be a happier medium because lack of info causes rumours and mid-info to spread. This is not unique to the RCMP, it’s a whole of Goverment issue in Canada that could be the root of the increase of mistrust of our institutions that we see today.

After the BS of having the Commissioner interfering directly on politically sensitive events…I don’t blame them one bit. Screwed any way things go, they are…

We were commenting on how quickly information is passed to the public in the United States vice the total lockdown here in Canada. There has to be a happier medium because lack of info causes rumours and mid-info to spread. This is not unique to the RCMP, it’s a whole of Goverment issue in Canada that could be the root of the increase of mistrust of our institutions that we see today.

I wouldn’t doubt for a second that there was already shaping direction out of PMO and Lucki due to the sensitive nature of the event.

There were murders and injured people.
They have suspects.
There is a manhunt.
They are processing a humongous group of scenes.

There’s nothing else to add until there is more to add?
Totally understand. But you know the media is going to ask, because we all watch the totally different process by the authorities to the south of us and their cultural influences affects every aspect of Canadian society. 😑

There were murders and injured people.
They have suspects.
There is a manhunt.
They are processing a humongous group of scenes.

There’s nothing else to add until there is more to add?
Not a police officer by trade but sometimes the media forgets details like this. And there is always holdback info.

I wouldn’t doubt for a second that there was already shaping direction out of PMO and Lucki due to the sensitive nature of the event.
They're working overtime on it. This puts trudeau's gun propaganda in jeopardy. He can't justify that his 'assault style weapons' and handguns are the only thing that can result in mass killings. Japan has shown us that is idiocy, for years. As in Britain, removal of firearms just results in more physical, gory medieval forms of murder. Hence the picture I posted earlier of an approved, government knife bin. That is not a joke pic. Never mind how he's going to spin the aboriginal side of it. Probably more reconciliation, smudge ceremonies, healing circles and a couple of billion for the FN to study their problems, in house, unaudited.

It's not just a government issue. Major crime investigators will protect their evidence (information) like their first born so as to not jeopardize a future prosecution. I don't know how it works in the States, but everything said by an investigative agency that turns out to be incorrect or speculative is potential fodder for the defence. They still do 'perp walks' down there; should we go back to that?

As Booter said, what does the media expect to be said?

a list of the Assault knives used in the killings clearly.
Well, I thought I was going to have a background check a few weeks ago to buy a machete to clean up some stuff in my yard that my whipper-snipper couldn't handle...I'm sure anything is possible.

They're working overtime on it. This puts trudeau's gun propaganda in jeopardy. He can't justify that his 'assault style weapons' and handguns are the only thing that can result in mass killings.
When the Liberal government invoked the protection of s. 39 of the Canada Evidence Act to bar the courts from viewing the evidence the GoC used to justify the assault style firearms ban, that question of justification was answered. "There is justification but we won't show it to you. You'll have to trust us on that".

Well, I thought I was going to have a background check a few weeks ago to buy a machete to clean up some stuff in my yard that my whipper-snipper couldn't handle...I'm sure anything is possible.
You and I live in stabbyPeg - and machetes are very much a weapon of choice by not so nice people.

You and I live in stabbyPeg - and machetes are very much a weapon of choice by not so nice people.
Selkirk too...we had a number of folks hacked up during my tenure there.

I guess they won't be too happy about the katana I have...though frankly, the oak bokken (practice sword) is just as dangerous - even though I'm out of practice, I'm pretty sure I could still crack a head, break one or both collar bones or a larynx with it. There is certainly enough ceiling room to bring it to bear. Maybe I should take up Iaido or Kali again if I go to work up north...

Selkirk too...we had a number of folks hacked up during my tenure there.

I guess they won't be too happy about the katana I have...though frankly, the oak bokken (practice sword) is just as dangerous - even though I'm out of practice, I'm pretty sure I could still crack a head, break one or both collar bones or a larynx with it. There is certainly enough ceiling room to bring it to bear. Maybe I should take up Iaido or Kali again if I go to work up north...

Actually, you're probably looking for a set up like this. If you do buy one make sure that you get the 'see through' version of the shield. It works well at night when you're wearing a headlamp.

Can confirm: when they see it, it can make alot of people remember that they left the bath running at home ;)

Actually, you're probably looking for a set up like this. If you do buy one make sure that you get the 'see through' version of the shield. It works well at night when you're wearing a headlamp.

Can confirm: when they see it, it can make alot of people remember that they left the bath running at home ;)

Trying to figure out how to get that on a small commuter plane...and wondering what 9D would say if I brought it into the house...also, never trained to fight with a shield. I've studied iaido/kendo in the past as well as kali, neither of which incorporate shields - usually both hands were occupied either with one sword +/- short sword (iaido/kendo) or sticks/machetes (kali). The couple months I was fencing in Fredericton, again, single handed weapon sans shield. Would be good in a closed space like a hallway to push forward/down stairs though.

Back