• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March 2008 BMQ

ya im really hoping im on this one because i applied december 5th and im still waiting so im just kinda sitting around waiting and im getting excited seeing the dates when people are leaving on here because im hoping that means im leaving soon lol

Yah man ill be there. Flying out of Hamilton though. I'm 22 years old going for sig op. Not sure when ill be getting into Montreal, if im there sametime as you though taxi that up.

DaneHawkins said:
Yah man ill be there. Flying out of Hamilton though. I'm 22 years old going for sig op. Not sure when ill be getting into Montreal, if im there sametime as you though taxi that up.

Yea for sure. Find out when your plane lands when you get your ticket and lemme know, add me on msn if you want.

I guess I'll see you guys around.  I'll probably be wearing a brown leather jacket and some khakis.  Not quite sure on policy, so do I shave before going, or when I get there?  If I can shave when I get there, look for the guy with the chin strap.  8)

LoKe said:
I guess I'll see you guys around.  I'll probably be wearing a brown leather jacket and some khakis.  Not quite sure on policy, so do I shave before going, or when I get there?  If I can shave when I get there, look for the guy with the chin strap.  8)

Nooo clue what i'll be wearing, can you wear dressshirts with jeans and running shoes. Anyone know the policy of clothes when you go?

DS4000 said:
Nooo clue what i'll be wearing, can you wear dressshirts with jeans and running shoes. Anyone know the policy of clothes when you go?
Personally, I would advise against wearing jeans.  If I recall correctly, you'll be meeting your drill sergeant when you land (unless that has changed) and you should probably dress accordingly.  All the documents I've read say to dress casually and comfortably, but I think the line would be drawn at some point.  Just don't suit up. ;)

Look at the topic: JOINING INSTRUCTIONS  (January 3, 2008)  It will have listed what to and what to not wear when travelling, and what clothes to bring.  Hope this answers your question.  I am sure you will also get a copy of this package before going out too.

Someone mentioned March 24th BMQ, anyone else know about this date?

Get my reinterview and medical on March 18th, hoping they put a rush on my file it's been so bloody long.

I spoke to the person that posted that yesterday and he said he was a call for a French course, but my recruiter has told me there is an English course on the same date.  Just that they are still filling up the 10th date so no one is being called for the English 24th date yet.  That's the date that I am expected to be called for.  Was supposed to go Feb. 25th but some previous obligations won't allow me to be available until after March 18th.  Good luck on your process.

Got the call today, March 10 BMQ ! Leaving from Winnipeg on the 9th.

rautenstrauchc said:
Sworn in on the March 4th. Flying out of Grande Prairie, AB on the 8th.

Be seeing you there! What are you going for??

Looks like I'm the odd man out; they're sending the 4 people from our detachment to Montreal by train.

DaneHawkins said:
Maybe they don't like flying?
Oh well, I'm not complaining.  I've never been on a plane before and think perhaps my nerves might get to me considering all that would be happening in those few days.

Also, the train tickets are first class and the price on the receipt says $282.  :nana:

Back