• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major Site Upgrade

Some weird stuff happening with the server, Army.ca seems to suffer outages while the other sites (Navy.ca, Air-Force.ca, Milnet.ca) are OK. And odder still is that either the HTTP or HTTPS version goes out but the other is unaffected; then it flips.

I have been working on this issue as much as possible, but a solution has eluded me so far. Probably unrelated that IPs from Russia have been hammering the site all week...

OK, it all seems to be fine now (2040 Hrs EST) including the https://army.ca/for ... and so on.  :nod:

Mike: thanks for all you do for us ... and thanks to your family, too, and know that we all wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.  :christmas happy:

Thanks Edward, I have to admit it's been a challenge to devote the time needed without putting work/family on the back burner. Here's hoping for a slow down in the tempo soon! ;)

(P.S. Search is now working again.)

E.R. Campbell said:
Mike: thanks for all you do for us ... and thanks to your family, too, and know that we all wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.  :christmas happy:
What he said, boss!

Layout has improved somewhat (maybe it's data vs. Wifi?). Some emoticons and stuff showing as broken links...

When drafting a post, no smileys or BBC shortcut icons appear.  Attached image is all I get.

Attachments

• no icons.jpg
    no icons.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 408
Blackadder1916 said:
When drafting a post, no smileys or BBC shortcut icons appear.  Attached image is all I get.
Because there's nothing to smile about in that thread?    :whistle:

I think the missing smileys/BBC happens when accessing the site from some secure networks. Used to happen from the DWAN but I took some steps to resolve it years ago. Might be back again.

Makes a great last minute Christmas gift!  :subbies:
http://milnet.ca/subscribe/

Seems all the different fonts, font sizes, font colours, etc. have disappeared from the site (army.ca).....along with all the smileys.

Modified this post while on milnet.ca and the same 'problem' exists there as well......No selection of fonts, font sizes, font colours, etc.....Nor the Smiley options.

George Wallace said:
Seems all the different fonts, font sizes, font colours, etc. have disappeared from the site (army.ca).....along with all the smileys.

Not for me.  :nod: [:D

I guess Mike is working on the site, as I now have all those missing bits again...... :gottree: :gottree:

Lots of "server under high stress" errors with desktop, laptop, and IPad when attempting to load the site.

On a positive note it appears that https for army.ca seems to work with chrome 64bit.....

I am posting this from Navy.ca: neither Army.ca nor Milnet.ca will open from about 0600 to 0725 Hrs.

E.R. Campbell said:
I am posting this from Navy.ca: neither Army.ca nor Milnet.ca will open from about 0600 to 0725 Hrs.
Same true for me as of this post (0744EST).

Same for me as of 0900hrs EST.
Neither army.ca nor milnet.ca will open.
Chrome says connection is unsecure and all I get is a blank page.

Back