• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lifeguard badge???

Not sere for army or sea, but for air it was an advanced course that could be taken, I've heard or met anyone with it though...

C-17 Globemaster said:
my QM said that the lifeguard badge was somethign special that he can't just order. my old CO tried to get me one but yea, that didnt' go to well so i think they're prob discontinued

Just like I said, it's not discontinued. I've met about 10-15 Cadets with it. Simply send in your qualifcation document, signed by the CO to the Region. Just sounds like your CO talked to someone who didn'tr know what they were talking about - would you like my to take a pic of Cadets with the badge on :p

I've met a person or 2 that did it, back when i first started cadets back when, 98ish.  I know that we can't get the badges, just the way it is for my area, meh, wasn't a huge deal to me at anyrate.  I had my wings and sic :) all i ever wanted

Squadron CO said:
From CATO 46-01 :

LIFEGUARD SPECIALTY

115. A lifeguard qualification (Royal Life Saving Society of Canada (RLSSC) Bronze Medallion or higher award) obtained through a recognized civilian organization such as the Red Cross or the RLSSC shall be recognized and the lifeguard badge shall be issued to the cadet. 
At the moment I'm taking Bronze Medallion.
Does the above mean that if/when I finish Bronze Med I can ask for and possibly get a Lifeguard badge?
I had always figured you had to go through all the courses to obtain the badge.

Cheers,
Lex

It appears as if, according to that, that the bronze will earn you the badge!

I think the badge went the wayside in 1991 with the programme changes. That's just a sudo-educated guess after reading some old training files from the late eighties last night.

Back