• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Killing Canadians 'best way': student

alfie

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.nationalpost.com/todays_paper/story.html?id=272528
The National Post is running a story to day about a Bangladeshi-Canadian, one of his quotes is
"Canadian soldiers in Canadian soil who are training to go to Afghanistan or Iraq are legitimate targets to be killed. … Now it is POSSIBLE AND LEGITIMATE!! ... believe me, if we could have enough of our soldiers killed, then we'd be forced to withdrawn from Afghanistan."

What a waste of the human gene pool.

This guy is an idiot and the Canadian anti-terrorism law needs to be changed.  Free speech does not equal inciting violence.

I think they should let his location in Ontario known, I have plenty of friends that would love to become ''acquainted'' with the man.

This little creep does offer one small virtue, as an object lesson to the politically correct and the left side of any political argument.

If he can't be convicted, can he be deported?

I'm sad and nauseous now....

Butt... did you not read the article?

A Mississauga university student

The author of the messages is a Mississauga university student in his mid-twenties

That has to be U of T Mississauga Campus.  I wonder what U of T is doing
about it.  If I said  what he did against any Muslim or other group I'd
be run off campus in a heartbeat. 

Prime candidate for a black bag job and a one way flight to Gitmo Han's Island.....turd.

Forgive my language, but that's fuckin' sick...
This is the lowest form of scum... he openly approves of/endorses the killing of our brothers and sisters who fight daily for the freedoms and rights he blatantly abuses!? He should be forcibly removed from our boarders.
... just my opinion...

Kat Stevens said:
Prime candidate for a black bag job and a one way flight to Gitmo Han's Island.....turd.

We should dispatch the black helicopter and the guys in the black pyjamas  ;D

Free speech is one thing.  This man is an enemy, as far as I am concerned.  If encountered, detain him and offer him all the rights and privileges of a prisoner of war.  That's my non-legal, non-binding advice to me, and to me only.

He also demonstrates his ignorance when he talks of Canadians going to Iraq. 

After voicing a threat like that, i'm surprised he hasn't been picked up yet. The authorities should be all over this guy and given a one way ticket back to were he came from. I hate little p*** ants like this.

Actually I know of a better place to send these these bottom feeders! Its isolated for 100's of miles around, extremely cold and the only way to get out is by foot if you don't freeze to death first or by air and its right in our back yard. Build some shacks and throw all these dregs of humanity in there. Go back in six months and your problem is solved. Guantanamo bay "Gulag style".

Red Neck I'am :mad:

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Free speech is one thing.  This man is an enemy, as far as I am concerned.  If encountered, detain him and offer him all the rights and privileges of a prisoner of war.  That's my non-legal, non-binding advice to me, and to me only.

Wrong,

This turd is a criminal, and should be tried and convicted.  As an enemy combatant, he would be given respect as a soldier, he deserves none of that.

dileas

tess

No, do NOT deport him. He is an enemy of the state advocating the killing of Canadian Soldiers in Canada during a time of war. 

Trinity said:
Butt... did you not read the article?

A Mississauga university student

That has to be U of T Mississauga Campus.  I wonder what U of T is doing
about it.  If I said  what he did against any Muslim or other group I'd
be run off campus in a heartbeat. 

Sorry I meant where he lives... I.E his exact/home address

He is a Canadian citizen now. So can his citizenship be re-voked ? Or can he be charged under  the "Hate Speech "  sections of the  CCC? He also made remarks about Jews, so lets hear from the Canadian Jewish Congress. My understanding is that a person who advocates violence against a " indentifiable person or group " is ripe for a "hate speech " charge. The CF is such a group, as are the Jews in Canada. Stockwell Day, are you listening ?

Any body have the link to the internet  forum where he is to be found ? I don't have the National Post story handy, was that information in the story ?  CFRB AM 1010  had a interview this AM with the NP reporter, who said  that  this POS had been "  visited "  by CSIS and  RCMP , a couple of times, BUT he has not been charged, yet. Obviously, this guy thinks that he is "protected " by our laws. I hope he finds out that he is wrong  about that.

And yes he is a U of T student at the Mississauga campus. Age 28.

Jim B. Toronto.

this is what pissing me off, as-holes like him get Canadian citizenship, and nobody does anything because of the freedom of the speech, I would like to pay a visit to see that guy ..
just adding more,
I did search his name on google, it seems he is outspoken on many sites, some of them dates back two year back..

the 48th regulator said:
Wrong,

This turd is a criminal, and should be tried and convicted.  As an enemy combatant, he would be given respect as a soldier, he deserves none of that.

dileas

tess
actually, I was thinking of non-lawful combatant.  No soldierly respect, just to treat him without abuse.  But certainly detain him.

Now, before anyone gets all antsy, this guy IS protected from harm by Canadian laws.  Having said that, given that he is advocating committing violence in order to alter government policy, is that inciting terrorism?  Sedition?  I'm not a scholar by any stretch of the word, but I think it is very dangerous to allow someone to spew off whatever they want, the Charter be damned.

Criminal Code of Canada on "hate propaganda" - note highlighted section which, I think, rules this out for threats against the CF:

"Hate Propaganda

Advocating genocide

318. (1) Every one who advocates or promotes genocide is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

Definition of “genocide”

(2) In this section, "genocide" means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy in whole or in part any identifiable group, namely,
(a) killing members of the group; or

(b) deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction.

Consent

(3) No proceeding for an offence under this section shall be instituted without the consent of the Attorney General.
Definition of "identifiable group"

(4) In this section, "identifiable group" means any section of the public distinguished by colour, race, religion, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 318; 2004, c. 14, s. 1.

Public incitement of hatred

319. (1) Every one who, by communicating statements in any public place, incites hatred against any identifiable group where such incitement is likely to lead to a breach of the peace is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Wilful promotion of hatred

(2) Every one who, by communicating statements, other than in private conversation, wilfully promotes hatred against any identifiable group is guilty of
(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction ...."

Sedition?  Not exactly, since he doesn't appear to be saying, "let's go to Parliament Hill to kill everyone and form a new government".....

Seditious intention

(4) Without limiting the generality of the meaning of the expression “seditious intention”, every one shall be presumed to have a seditious intention who
(a) teaches or advocates, or

(b) publishes or circulates any writing that advocates,

the use, without the authority of law, of force as a means of accomplishing a governmental change within Canada.

How about participating/facilitating terrorism?  Not exactly that, either - don't know how case law on this newish stuff links "encouraging" to "recruiting to", though....

Participation in activity of terrorist group

83.18 (1) Every one who knowingly participates in or contributes to, directly or indirectly, any activity of a terrorist group for the purpose of enhancing the ability of any terrorist group to facilitate or carry out a terrorist activity is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years.

Prosecution

(2) An offence may be committed under subsection (1) whether or not
(a) a terrorist group actually facilitates or carries out a terrorist activity;

(b) the participation or contribution of the accused actually enhances the ability of a terrorist group to facilitate or carry out a terrorist activity; or

(c) the accused knows the specific nature of any terrorist activity that may be facilitated or carried out by a terrorist group.

Meaning of participating or contributing

(3) Participating in or contributing to an activity of a terrorist group includes
(a) providing, receiving or recruiting a person to receive training;

(b) providing or offering to provide a skill or an expertise for the benefit of, at the direction of or in association with a terrorist group;

(c) recruiting a person in order to facilitate or commit

(i) a terrorism offence, or

(ii) an act or omission outside Canada that, if committed in Canada, would be a terrorism offence;

(d) entering or remaining in any country for the benefit of, at the direction of or in association with a terrorist group; and

(e) making oneself, in response to instructions from any of the persons who constitute a terrorist group, available to facilitate or commit

(i) a terrorism offence, or

(ii) an act or omission outside Canada that, if committed in Canada, would be a terrorism offence.

Assault/uttering threats?  Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, depending on how "person" (as opposed to group or class of people) is defined.....

Assaults
Uttering threats

264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat

(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;

(b) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or

(c) to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.

Punishment

(2) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(a) is guilty of
(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

Idem

(3) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(b) or (c)
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Human rights complaint?  Not likely, given the definition of who's protected.....

Prohibited grounds of discrimination

3. (1) For all purposes of this Act, the prohibited grounds of discrimination are race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability and conviction for which a pardon has been granted.

As opposed to acts of violence, people should write to him and tell him what a @#$# he's being.  Maybe if enough people let it be known that they knew about him, he might shut his gate.  

Oh, his name is Salman Hossain and he's a member of the University of Toronto Muslim Association.  

Maybe they should be pressured to give him the boot for his comments.  

As a note, his name comes from open source reporting:  http://www.mississauga.com/article/10748

Back