• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justice Institute of British Columbia - Education not recognized

JorgSlice

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Interesting development... I was looking into the JIBC's Police Foundations program and had a chat with the CFRC to learn that the Police Foundations program offered by the JIBC is not recognized by the CF as approved education for Military Police. I then spoke to JIBC who were seemingly intrigued by this information and they wish to find out who/where to contact to get their program(s) recognized by the Canadian Forces.

Is there a webpage I could direct them to with contact information in order to inquire about getting recognition in the Canadian Forces? If so that would be great! Although recognition would not be received if and when I choose to go back to school, by then I hope to be in the CF saving quite a bit more money than I am now and will hopefully have better selection of recognized institutes and ones that are not so expensive.

Any info would be great!
Thanks in advance!

Probably CDA, they seem to do all the PLARs for CT/OTs.

PLARs for MPs seem to be done by this org:

Deputy Provost Marshal Selection and Training
Canadian Forces Provost Marshal
National Defence
2200 Walkley Road
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0K2

There is a listing of all schools across Canada that are accredited for MPs - At the Recruiting Centre these schools would be listed on what is called the Tick and Flick - I'll see if I can dig it up.  I would be surprised if JIBC doesn't know about this considering we use them to train our Med Techs.  But that doesn't mean they are accredited for MP

Already made contact with the JIBC.

The President of Academic Services established rapport with the CDA and they sent this update to me:

JIBC has been working with the Canadian Defense Academy for the past 18 months attempting to have our programs accepted as qualifying for the MP trade. JIBC, ACCC and the CDA have been trying to move forward with this and as recently as 4 months ago JIBC was asked to pilot a new data base for military programs starting this November. At that time JIBC will enter our material into their database and they will do an analysis of the outcomes/objectives and assess the LESD program. At the same time JIBC will be able to assess their training for possible advanced academic standing in our programs. Hope this helps!

Hopefully JIBC will make the list - and i did confirm that they are presently not on the tick and flick

Paladium said:
Hopefully JIBC will make the list - and i did confirm that they are presently not on the tick and flick

It was already confirmed at the top of the thread.

I saw that - but just because a recruiter tells you something doesn't always make it so - much more often then not they are right buteen policies change and recruiters were unaware - absolutely.

I just double checked to make sure there was no mistake.  Why?  Because I care :)

Paladium said:
I saw that - but just because a recruiter tells you something doesn't always make it so - much more often then not they are right buteen policies change and recruiters were unaware - absolutely.

I just double checked to make sure there was no mistake.  Why?  Because I care :)

This discussion wouldn't be happening if I did not 100% know that their program is not CF approved.

Just to get this straight - you say interesting development ....and that someone you talked to at JIBC is wondering how to get their program approved and you are seeking assistance in this regard.

Given that they already have one of their programs approved ...isn't that in and of itself a little bit strange? 

So while in the one instance some one you talked to has no idea how to get a program approved and yet you yourself  find out that someone has been working on this very thing for 18 months already.

So you took something as gospel and it proved to be incorrect.  Obviously your heart was in the right place.  So back to recruiting - recruiters do a great job are all recruiters all seeing and all knowing.  Absolutely not.  Policies change - we told a lot of people they wouldn't have to pay rations - and look where that stands and all the ramifications.  So I just double checked - isn't that what we are suppose to do.

Paladium said:
Just to get this straight - you say interesting development ....and that someone you talked to at JIBC is wondering how to get their program approved and you are seeking assistance in this regard.

Given that they already have one of their programs approved ...isn't that in and of itself a little bit strange? 

So while in the one instance some one you talked to has no idea how to get a program approved and yet you yourself  find out that someone has been working on this very thing for 18 months already.

So you took something as gospel and it proved to be incorrect.  Obviously your heart was in the right place.  So back to recruiting - recruiters do a great job are all recruiters all seeing and all knowing.  Absolutely not.  Policies change - we told a lot of people they wouldn't have to pay rations - and look where that stands and all the ramifications.  So I just double checked - isn't that what we are suppose to do.

If you read the thread, it clearly says that I verified in both locations - JIBC and in the CFRC (they printed out a list of all CF approved institutions and programs current to 01 April 2012) to confirm the JIBC Police Foundations was NOT a CF approved education program for MP trade eligibility (Police Foundations is a fairly new program there). I made contact with their Academic Services department, they contacted their people, confirmed with me that the program was indeed not approved for CF entry, and then updated saying that they're working on getting that program and several others approved.

I don't know why you're getting your knickers in such a knot.

JorgSlice.................take a deep breath, you're making a fool of yourself.

Bruce.
Staff

Back