• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just applied, would like some information

Skizz

Inactive
Reaction score
Well as stated in the subject, I have just applied for the reserves, a little about my self: I am a 23 year old female, going into my 4th and final year at university.  I have applied to the reserves in the hopes of getting some military experience (I have applied for Army reserves). My overall long-term plan is to continue after my current school program and go into a 2 year program to get my masters of Social work, and from there I will be applying to the Social Work Officer employ. 
My main questions are:  Once I send in my required paper work (Birth certificate, Transcripts etc) approximately how long can I expect to wait to hear back?
I have started a work out regimen for myself, however I would like to know what kind of activities should I expect for my beginning of training.
Finally when would I most likely be going into training, and where if I am in the Peterborough ON area.

Thanks so much guys!!

Skizz said:
My main questions are:  Once I send in my required paper work (Birth certificate, Transcripts etc) approximately how long can I expect to wait to hear back?
I have started a work out regimen for myself, however I would like to know what kind of activities should I expect for my beginning of training.
Finally when would I most likely be going into training, and where if I am in the Peterborough ON area.

Thanks so much guys!!

I am by no means an expert, but from what I've gathered the process can very greatly between people. For some it is short others it's longer. It really depends on the fact that everybody is unique with unique circumstances. For me personally, once I sent in my initial paperwork it was about 3-4 weeks, then I received an email saying my file had been transferred. From there it's up to your local RC to set it all up for you.

You saying you're keeping up at fitness is good. I would keep at that. Activities, it's basic. It introduces you to the military ethos and atmosphere. Reserve training is a lot different than reg in that (I would assume its uniform throughout units) basic would take place every second weekend once accepted. And it's to the best of my knowledge that most reserve units would do the training in the local area. I would also recommend if you would like more info just ring up your local recruiting center and ask them any questions you may have. Also, use the search bar on this site, A lot of people ask similar questions. Hope this helps and best of luck through the process.

Back