• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

June BMQ- 2009

no point in asking why either... consider it a little part of the game.

lol okay. I guess I'll try and get a nice family/friends photo this weekend or something. Thanks all. I just needed a place to vent.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of your instructors offered to give you a picture of him/her if you don't have a picture of anyone else.

hanson1636 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if one of your instructors offered to give you a picture of him/her if you don't have a picture of anyone else.

After we were let loose from the Mega, one of the girls on our course replaced the picture that she had with one she had taken of our course's MCpl. He found it rather amusing the next time he went to do a room inspection.

June 27th I leave Regina  and start BMQ in St.Jean June 29th:)...man thats so soon...bet i get heat stroke first...i should have waited for a winter course, lol...hope to meet some of you there....im going in for armoured.

Oh please. My BMQ is from June8th- Sept 11. that IS summer :_( You have a whole extra three weeks of summer to enjoy.

I live in Ontario and leave on the 28th, there flying us to st.jean and start on the 29th monday! ill see yah there janbear

Kintups said:
I live in Ontario and leave on the 28th, there flying us to st.jean and start on the 29th monday! ill see yah there janbear

I swear in on the 24th in North York and start on the same course as you, we'll probably be on the same plane

Just had my enrollment ceremony today in Montreal. BMQ is starting on the 29th for me in St-Jean.

See you guys there, going to have to pick up on more PT time guys : )

blade227 said:
Just had my enrollment ceremony today in Montreal. BMQ is starting on the 29th for me in St-Jean.

See you guys there, going to have to pick up on more PT time guys : )

Yea I've been running 3km plus a day now which is quite a bit for my fat ass =D

Cadaren said:
I swear in on the 24th in North York and start on the same course as you, we'll probably be on the same plane

Nice, I swear in Next thursday (the 11th) and fly out from Pearson Airport on June 28th for the June 29th course.
See you guys there!

According to my ULO I'll be starting basic in St. Jean on June 22nd. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys there.

I understand there might be a better place to ask this, but I'll do it here anyways to prevent spamming posts; should I bother bringing any personal possessions? Would it be a bad idea to bring a laptop, some running shoes, maybe a set or two of civilian clothes?

Jcam said:
According to my ULO I'll be starting basic in St. Jean on June 22nd. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys there.

I understand there might be a better place to ask this, but I'll do it here anyways to prevent spamming posts; should I bother bringing any personal possessions? Would it be a bad idea to bring a laptop, some running shoes, maybe a set or two of civilian clothes?

Have you tried the "newest" function on this site, the search bar. There are at least a few threads on what to and not to bring to BMQ.

Swearing in the 24th, flying out the 28th from pearson, starting basic the 29th.  I'm from the Toronto area too. :)

Edit:  Going to St. Jean

Best part about my weekends in Green sector is watching new recruits roll in. I was terrified when I got there, and most people are. My advice is have a very positive attitude and do exactly as you are told, and you won't have many problems. Yes, the PO is going to rip your faces off but its part of the game. You're going to hate, and be scared sometimes, of your platoon staff. I'm going into week 8 now and once you finish the first few weeks you start to see your platoon staff as mentors instead of monsters. Oh and no matter how sick you are, you're not sick enough, suck it up. You will find out first hand what happens when people go to the MIR (clinic on base), they get recoursed.

stefwills said:
Oh and no matter how sick you are, you're not sick enough, suck it up. You will find out first hand what happens when people go to the MIR (clinic on base), they get recoursed.

This is pretty close to the worst advice I've seen yet. If you are ill, go to the bloody MIR. If it's not too big of a deal, they'll give you some medication to help you deal with it. One of the guys on my course had a nasty infection that caused his nose to swell up about twice its size, and he shall be henceforth known to everyone else in our platoon as Typhoid Murphy. He was not recoursed. Had he not properly dealt with his illness, it would have very likely gotten much worse (As basic is hard enough on your system to make dealing with infections more difficult), and very likely would have been once he fell ill enough. Worse, not dealing with illnesses properly could cause you to inadvertently infect other members of your platoon. I'm quite sure that they'd appreciate it if they ended up being recoursed because you felt it best to "suck it up".

Even more important is to deal with injuries in a timely fashion. Yes, you may very well be recoursed if you go to the doctor when you are injured during basic. Not doing so, and continuing through the pain will mean that you may aggravate that injury. Possibly you'll do so to the extent that instead of spending a couple weeks on PAT platoon, you'll be spending a year. Or, even better, you'll render yourself unfit for further service in the Canadian Armed Forces. It's just not worth it to try and avoid a delaying your graduation of BMQ or BMOQ by a month or two, considering the risks.

Well, 3 day's until take-off!
Just finished my security clearance and autobiography yesterday.
Been a jam packed week that pretty much flew by. Enjoying the sleeping in while I still can haha.
See you guys out there!!
All the best,
Luke.

Back