• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

June BMQ- 2009

CDN Aviator said:
Its like i'm talking to a brick wall.........

He gets sworn in on the 21st of May..........His course doesnt start until the 8th of June. How many days does that give him to read over paperwork that they will give him the day he swears in ?

Think about it. Its not rocket science. How much time does one need to read and understand the simplest instructions the military will ever give you ?

There really isn't a reason to speak to someone like that. Like you said, "It's not rocket science" so maybe consider the fact that he only knows of HIS OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
In his mind, he would have easily thought that everyone gets the pre-enrolment package before they swear in and was only trying to help another member out by pointing them in the direction of a peice of information he thought would be useful to them.
There really isn't a need to refer to someone as a brick wall. So he didn't piece it together, big deal. People make mistakes as I'm sure we'll all make MANY of them during training and throughout our career's. That's part of life.
I really hate to see discouraging post's such as these. It really doesn't do anybody any good. You simply could of said "No, Topper, you got your pre-enrolment package because you fly out the day after you swear in. Everyone else regularly gets theres the day of the swear-in process."
Simple as that. Please consider politely answering the questions before you post next time.

Topper2804: Thank you for trying to help other members out on the forums by posting about the pre-enrolment package. As CDN Aviator noted, you normally get this the day you swear in. The reason why you got yours so early is because you leave the day after you swear in and you wouldn't have sufficient time to buy everything and write your biography.
Hope that clears thing's up for you,
Luke.

Got my call 2 weeks ago!  Swear in June 10th and start BMQ June 29th!  See you all there!

Pat_Y said:
This is slowly killing me. :skull:

Oh god, I am with you on that. And I was told three weeks ago that I was looking at about 4-5 days.  ::) I know three weeks isnt long in comparison to everything else, but it sure feels like it when you are waiting.

I just got the call this morning (AC-Op) :)  Swearing in on June 10th and June 29 BMQ. See you there Jenifa. Jenifa, you from Toronto by chance?

^^^

mwhaha.  I'm swearing in tomorrow in vancouver, and have not had any word from the recruitment center of the plane ticket that is supposed to get me there. or directions/what to bring. I don't even know what time it takes place! Might need to drive the 6 hours there. ugh.

Just going to check the mailbox and hope maybe a letter with details is in it. or else ill call "them" now.

I wonder if i'll see topper in vancouver?

I think you get all that info at the swear in ceremony, not sure about the plane ticket though.

and its sweet, cause no one is answering the phones at the vancouver recruitment center! i've left messages on 2 different answering machines ( receptionist and recruit filer helper) at 3:30 i'll call one more time, then call the local recruiter, because I'm running out of time. and don't really feel like driving 6 hours, but judging from this lack of phone calls back, that might end up happening.

Gotta pm, that other guy that is swearing in tomorrow.

Kenyan said:
and its sweet, cause no one is answering the phones at the vancouver recruitment center! i've left messages on 2 different answering machines ( receptionist and recruit filer helper) at 3:30 i'll call one more time, then call the local recruiter, because I'm running out of time. and don't really feel like driving 6 hours, but judging from this lack of phone calls back, that might end up happening.

Gotta pm, that other guy that is swearing in tomorrow.

Just as food for thought.......

If you had called my office today, you could have called every 2 minutes and i would have never answered. I was out of the office doing classroom training on a new piece of gear. Most people at my unit were there too. Its not that we are not willing to answer or return people's calls but, we're just not there.

Recruiters do training  too.......

Just a thought ( using one example).

I fully understand both sides position here. On one hand most of the advice you get on here, says " contact your CFRC," then contacted, and no reply to messages or paperwork lost. Or in my case was given 4 different numbers and when I would call them the number was out of service or I would get a helicopter squad in who knows where. On the other hand, I get that you on the other line have more important things to to then listen to my FNG questions.  I guess I kind of wish I joined before the www and figure it out as I go, but alas    the way it is and never the less I'm f'in pumped to start.

Jerrycan:  I'm originally from Ottawa but am currently living in Alberta where my spouse is posted.  So I'll be flying out of Calgary.  Hoping to be posted to Petawawa when all training is complete!

See you there!

WOW THIS IS AWESOME.

Even if this was just a regular business, you think there would be at least one person to answer the phones. The receptionist isn't even there. I don't think I should be having to put this much effort and stress into finding out this information. I guess if no one calls me, I'll go work the rigs.

So like I said, what happens if I miss this swearing in ceremony? and now i wonder if i'll even get a call for a plane ticket to go to BMQ.

Kenyan said:
I don't think I should be having to put this much effort and stress into finding out this information. I guess if no one calls me, I'll go work the rigs.

This is probably the least effort you will have to put into a military career. I strongly encourage you to keep on it. Its phone calls , not the end of the earth.

and now i wonder if i'll even get a call for a plane ticket to go to BMQ.

I hate to say it but all yuor travel information for BMQ will given to you at the swearing in. There is no step in the recruiting process called " the plane ticket phone call"

Now, dont you need a ticket to go to the swearing in ?

Finally got a call.

Told the lady what was happening.

"Oh, didn't you think of calling?"
"Well, yes I did, I left 5 messages on answering machines"
"Well there isn't a message on mine"
"Uh... okay, sorry."
"Your flight WAS this morning, didn't you get an email?"
"No, I didn't"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes its xxxx@hotmail.com"
"Well, the next swearing in ceremony is June 4th, you will go from vancouver straight to montreal"
"O, okay thanks"

Well, glad I finally got a call back. lol 25 hours later, and too late for flight.

I guess, I'll print off that pdf someone sent me, and work on my what to bring to bmq list.

Double check your junk mail folder in Hotmail, they are notorious for blocking good emails.

lol, i have been checking both my folders, for the past 2 weeks. Never received anything from military. I guess if I don't hear anything from them on monday, I'll call and get them to use my parents email. This has happened once before a long time ago, where my parents sent me an email, but I never got it, but they didn't get a error send message.

O well, stress free now, not my fault, its all good.

Now to work on my bio/ list of things i need to bring.

How serious are they on the bringing a 5x7 picture with you?

Pretty important i think, no idea why but i remember someone getting in trouble on that basic up show for not having one.

Back