• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JTFA air wing orders of dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it? Ready for an inspection or combat, not both?

Who gives a damn about this nit picky stuff.  They do their job, you do yours. Targets get destroyed.  Everyone is happy. 

Really, it's a case of apples and oranges.....

I am a 'combat arms type', and I didn't wear an OTW shirt for the simple reason that I couldn't justify spending $120 on something that I would most likely burn at the end of the tour. But if a JTF-A Air Wing dude wants to wear one, and his buddy doesn't, I really don't care whatsoever. I care that he can do his job and keep the airframe I am sitting in up and flying around, and not a flaming ball of wreckage somewhere. Just as he would care, if he found himself on a dismounted patrol, that I do my job well and keep him from getting blown up.

We've been over this item more than a few times.

It's old and worn.

Milnet.ca Staff

The issued OTW shirts have been approved as flying clothing in theatre as they reduce heat stress in cockpits and provide adequate flame protection. Stocks of two-piece CADPAT AR flying suits are available in theatre, however I suspect that few active aircrew are concerned enough about fashion trends to waste valuable time exchanging perfectly-serviceable plain tan flying suits for blotchy ones. Until existing stocks of tan flying clothing are used up through normal wear and tear, a mix will continue to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back