• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 27 BMQ

Am I the only one going to Kingston after BMQ? Most people seems to be going to Borden even on other threads, what's special about that place?

I am also taking my vehicle and keeping it there. There were no issues with this.

Borden is a training facility for a lot of trades from what I understand.

venom800tt said:
Am I the only one going to Kingston after BMQ? Most people seems to be going to Borden even on other threads, what's special about that place?

I'll be in Kingston after BMQ-L. From what I understand, Kingston hosts all the communications and electronics courses. Not sure of the entirety of what Borden has, but most of the people I know in support trades went through there.

Well, if you get posted to Kingston it's one of the nicer cities to live in (I live there right now). Not sure what Borden is like, that's why I'm taking my car there so I can leave on the weekends when I'm not swamped with homework haha.

Im getting my car shipped after BMQ, should be fun cruising around cities, checking out local sites.

Did Kingston get the same horrible Ice storm as Toronto?

T.Wells said:
Well, if you get posted to Kingston it's one of the nicer cities to live in (I live there right now). Not sure what Borden is like, that's why I'm taking my car there so I can leave on the weekends when I'm not swamped with homework haha.

Borden is about a half an hour from Barrie, which is where I live now.  I've heard from friends on course that getting away on weekends is refreshing, as there isn't much to do on base. Having a vehicle makes the drive to the city that much easier. Although within the last year, city transit now operates a Barrie-Borden run for 6 bucks so it's not too bad even if you're without wheels.

Wow! Wish I could have had the option to drive!!! But alas, it is too late now as I get my plane ticket to St. Jean tomorrow at my swearing-in. oh well.

On the other topic, I am going to Borden after my BMQ-L, but after Borden I'm off to Kingston. My trade requires I go to both for my training. After that is an 18 month OJT

I have to be in Borden for 25 weeks I believe. Since my trade is not an "in demand trade" my course only runs once a year, I've been told so I'm given two options: I can be put on a PAT platoon or do OJT til my course starts. Doing the obvious and going with the OJT since a buddy of mine who's in my trade did OJT for 8 months til our course started for Traffic Tech and he traveled to Scotland, Italy and Greenland in the time span. Exciting stuff!

Just got back from enrollment. Me, Cbbmtt and bunch of other guys will get tp St jean by 5:15/30pm so the shuttle should be available.

Also we get our platoon # during enrollment, mine I believe is 0021E, anyone else from that group?

venom800tt said:
Just got back from enrollment. Me, Cbbmtt and bunch of other guys will get tp St jean by 5:15/30pm so the shuttle should be available.

Also we get our platoon # during enrollment, mine I believe is 0021E, anyone else from that group?

It says on my enrollment letter what platoon I'm in. 0020E for me.

I don't know what platoon i am, the Halifax Crew should be landing somewhere near 1415hrs, might catch a 3 pm if one exists, or just chill in the airport till people flying from the west land.

Booo, looks like I'm the only one in 21E, no one from my enrolment was in my group either :(

marinemech said:
I don't know what platoon i am, the Halifax Crew should be landing somewhere near 1415hrs, might catch a 3 pm if one exists, or just chill in the airport till people flying from the west land.

Shuttle leaves montreal at 1500 and 2000.

Cbbmtt, looks like we are going to be in the same platoon 19 Echo  :warstory:

I'm in 0020E! but! ..... I was told that will change once we get to CFLRS. so? anyone hear different?

Back