• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

January 27 BMQ

I havnt even had time to practice ironing or sewing. I hope it comes naturally I guess il find out soon!

I recommend bringing only one or two sets of "bar clothes".  Once you're allowed off base you can get more stuff when you go home or if you live too far buy something over a weekend.  By the end of your training you may notice your old clothes don't fit very well anyways.

You should be prepared to run and do PT outside, I wouldn't count on prayer to avoid that. 

I have that feeling we will be outside, we will have to run the obs course, or what is left of it

marinemech said:
I have that feeling we will be outside, we will have to run the obs course, or what is left of it

I'd say the chance of that is about 99.99% :)

However, I highly doubt we'll be doing much outside before kit issue and all the warm gear that includes. Either way, I'm enjoying this nice warm weather while I can. Last night's PT was shorts and t-shirt. Probably not going to be an option based on what the weatherman tells me about the Montreal area...  ;D

marinemech said:
there was 6 of us there today, could have easily done a few more people

Too bad I hadn't been scheduled for yesterday...the recruiting centre is closed today because of this nor'easter and I suspect the drive (under normal driving conditions about an hour) in the morning to be hellish.  :facepalm:

Hey guys! I was in your shoes exactly 1 year ago! Kit issue is the Thursday of the first week. Your first PT session is also that morning. Most of your PT will be outside - even in the cold and snow. They issue you a track suit to run in. You also wear gloves and a touque. Even with the snow - you will do your obstacle course - but not until week 4 (ish) and then again after you get your rifle. You will do it both times in full tactical gear. For a week and a half after you get your kit, every night will be spent sewing tiny labels on everything... and I mean EVERYTHING you are issued and own. My advice to you (that my platoon learned the painful way) is get everybody in your section together and do an assembly line of objects. Sew everybody's sock labels first, then pants, then shirts etc etc. Or whatever order is listed on the list.

**ADVICE for the socks: stretch them out and keep them stretched (as if they were around your calve muscle) as you sew the label on. A lot of people don't, and when they pull the socks on, or wash them the stitching rips and you will get written up for missing a label.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have - it is exciting, and nerve wracking and you WILL NOT sleep much the first 5 weeks.

PS - R. Harrison - you on here too?

Thanks for the advice, these 3 months are going to be quiet of an adventure. Can't wait to get start bmq

Have my Rough Draft of my Autobio done, Bags are almost all packed, Movers coming around 9-930 tomorrow

So first day of PT was only on Thursday? That's a lot of time from arrival on Saturday. Oh well, I'm game for whatever as long as I have warm clothes before I go running outside. I thought obstacle course was closed during the winter, but now I'm a bit excited.

Anyone else having trouble keeping food in their stomach?

Cbbmtt said:
So first day of PT was only on Thursday? That's a lot of time from arrival on Saturday. Oh well, I'm game for whatever as long as I have warm clothes before I go running outside. I thought obstacle course was closed during the winter, but now I'm a bit excited.

Anyone else having trouble keeping food in their stomach?
im having a hard time sleeping.  Im going to miss my daughters like crazy! !! Cant wait to meet you guys on Saturday.  Im probably going to arrive at around 14h00 anyone else getting their before supper?

my flight from Halifax is suppose to land at 1415 Eastern, and then on the Bus for 1500 so there for 1600 maybe

marinemech said:
my flight from Halifax is suppose to land at 1415 Eastern, and then on the Bus for 1500 so there for 1600 maybe
do you know your platoon? Im 0020E

My flight arrives in MTL at 1217 but apparently I am on the shuttle scheduled for 2000. If anyone wants to hang out at the airport with me for 8 hours, I am so down.  :nod:

Also, platoon 0020E !

ShaunaS said:
My flight arrives in MTL at 1217 but apparently I am on the shuttle scheduled for 2000. If anyone wants to hang out at the airport with me for 8 hours, I am so down.  :nod:

Also, platoon 0020E !
wow that sucks the 8 hour wait. But im happy to meet someone else from my platoon hooooah! !! Should I wear dress pants or jeans when I arrive. I know it should be the least of my worries lol

shunting89 said:
wow that sucks the 8 hour wait. But im happy to meet someone else from my platoon hooooah! !! Should I wear dress pants or jeans when I arrive. I know it should be the least of my worries lol

The LS walking us through our paperwork today said jeans(no holes) and a collared/polo should would be appropriate.

The majority of people sworn in with me today were for 19 platoon..I'm curious and very excited to meet everyone else on course with us.

Back