• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Italian government starts the fingerprinting of Gypsies.

oh sure whats next ,,,,tatoo's,,imprisonment,,,detainment,,,camps......executions.....
sound familiar.....
just my 2 cents
ill shut up now
scoty b  8)

"Do not fear gypsie, I am only here for your fingerprints"

Let's just say i'm not very surprised coming from a Government led by a man who says that Benito Mussolini "wasn't that bad".

In context, because the right-wing Lega Nord is the kingmaker in the latest coalition, there's a push for law/order and against immigrants.

For example, here was a poster the Lega Nord used during the latest election campaign that wrapped up with the April election:

420-immigrazion.jpg

Translation:  "They allowed immigration, and now they live on reserves."

More recently, there was this Lega Nord poster advertising a rally for Italy's national holiday like our Canada Day, now that the party has folks in cabinet:

Pontida_2008.jpg

Rough translation:  "The emptying of the reserves has begun."

How about this classic from their 2005:  "Guess who's last?  For your rights at home, at work and in health care"
420px-Lega_poster.jpg

A little low on the political correctness and profiling scale are they?...Can you imagine a Canadian Political Party coming out with something similar........whooooooo.....the hue & cry's......hmmmmmm......be entertaining.  ;D

GAP said:
A little low on the political correctness and profiling scale are they?...Can you imagine a Canadian Political Party coming out with something similar........whooooooo.....the hue & cry's......hmmmmmm......be entertaining.  ;D

I think some people thought that the worst of the old Reform (c) party thought this (even if they didn't make the posters).

Interestingly enough, like Reform, the Lega Nord is also a party somewhat based on "we're doing well as a region, why they hell aren't we on our own?" - think "northern alienation" instead of our "western alienation". 

For example, another of their posters points to their "industrial and industrious north pouring $ through the centre into poor, inefficient (or corrupt) south" platform plank:  "Wake up, Padania (what the industrial northern region would call itself it it became independent or autonomous).  Go with the Lega North against the uber-theives of Rome".

Gallina%20Padana%20elett08.jpg

Back