• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Islamic Sleeper Cell in Scotland Yard

JackD

Inactive
Reaction score
i found this article in the Australian newspaper "The Sydney Morning Herald"  - Islamic Sleeper Cell in Scotland Yard:  http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/alqaeda-spies-in-scotland-yard/2008/03/10/1204998332103.html?sssdmh=dm16.306131

Islamist sleeper cell in Scotland Yard: report
Dylan Welch
March 10, 2008 - 12:03PM

Scotland Yard refuses to comment on a report that an al-Qaeda sleeper cell has infiltrated London's Metropolitan Police headquarters.

The News Of The World published a story yesterday stating Britain's domestic intelligence agency, MI5, had identified four London police officers who were passing on Scotland Yard secrets to Islamic fundamentalists.

The four were identified by the paper as Londoners of subcontinental background, working in different police stations around the British capital.

They were suspected of having links with Islamic extremists both in Britain and in al-Qaeda training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The paper stated MI5 believed the four had been planted in Scotland Yard as sleepers to keep al-Qaeda informed of anti-terrorism raids.

The intelligence agency was concerned that the four could already have information about secret operations to root out domestic terrorism cells, the paper wrote.

The four were now being monitored while enough evidence to allow arrests was gathered.

When questioned by the Press Association about the existence of the sleeper cell, a spokesman for Scotland Yard said: "All police officers and police staff, upon joining the Metropolitan Police Service and during their careers, undergo a range of security checks.

"These are robust and vary accordingly to the type and sensitivity of the individual postings.

"We take matters of security very seriously and if any issues arise about individuals, they may be subject to further assessment.

"This could lead to restrictions being put in place relating to where an individual may work within the organisation or could lead to their dismissal."

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/03/10/1204998332103.html

I find interesting the last statement: "could lead to their dismissal" - err... so consorting and working for a terrorist organization - breaking an oath of loyalty, does not necessarily lead to being fired or jail?

JackD said:
I find interesting the last statement: "could lead to their dismissal" - err... so consorting and working for a terrorist organization - breaking an oath of loyalty, does not necessarily lead to being fired or jail?

Welcome to the world of political correctness Jack...... Heaven forbid that we might infringe on their right to earn a living, even though that right might potentially damage the fabric of society.....

The Blair government probably forced the hiring of Islamic radicals as part of an innovative affirmative action program designed to garner more votes from the inner cities  ;D

The latest report - although i have no reference-  is that multi-wives are now permitted  in the UK and support payments for each is allowed (up to four). However, rural and country-side post offices are being shut-down. I can see where the present British government gets its support from. I wonder who they actually work for....... At least there is one satisfaction I gain from the knowledge of these fellows with their multi-wives......... multi-mother-in-laws are part of the package.

Hardly surprising that the terrorists are looking for ways to penetrate police,intelligence and defense agencies.

JackD,
Uhh... what does the multiwife reference have to do with the subject matter?

If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined....

Soldier fury as MoD civil servant paid £202,000 compensation for office injury
BY NEIL SEARS - More by this author » Last updated at 19:35pm on 16th March 2008

A ministry of Defence civil servant who developed back problems after lifting a printer has been paid an astonishing £202,000 compensation.

In contrast, soldier Jamie Cooper, 19, who lost the use of a leg and a hand in a mortar attack in Basra, has only received a lump sum of £57,000. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=536128&in_page_id=1770

I guess the civy employees have better lawyers to present their cases to MoD pension adjudicators.

Back